• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Skaggs first pitch

yk9001

I re-watched it like three or four times.  I found it fascinating.

First off, the bugle national anthem was just fantastic.  Great touch.

I couldn't get over how anxious Skaggs' mom looked, in the moments before.  Not sure I have ever seen a more anxious face on tv.  And who wouldn't be?  The combination of your son passing away, the eyes glaring on you, the pressure to throw a good strike.  And of course, she just nailed it.  Awesome.  I have a huge crush on this woman.  Love her.

I found it interesting how much the wife was in the background during the whole ceremony.  Like really in the background.  She looked calm as well.

The brother and the stepdad were out there as well.  Anybody know the background of the dad?

The SaMoHi jersey was a good touch on the brother.  The brother seemed to be having a great time out there.  The field mic picked up a lot of stuff from him.  He was joking, laughing.  You hear him say that the mom spent the day in the back yard, practicing her pitch.  Interesting how people process and act differently when facing the death of a loved one.

Anybody have any other thoughts about the ceremony?

2 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

First off, the bugle national anthem was just fantasticGreat touch.

Couldn't agree more. I wish they would do this more often. I actually listened to every note. That never happens when they throw out some teenage reality show pop star. 

I can't say anything negative about the demeanor of the wife and brother since they had to process the loss more deeply and intimately than any fan has. How they viewed that day could have been celebrating the joy that Tyler brought them instead of the tears in his passing. Obviously all the pressure to be in the spotlight was upon Tyler's mom that executed her role flawlessly and showed the love she had for her son. It was a good send off.

17 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I felt like the wife was holding in a bunch of emotion. During one of the shot, i think she was crying the most and Skagg's mom was there holding her. 

That's interesting.  At least out on the mound, I saw her as super calm.

I also found it interesting that the wife had so little to do in the ceremony.  I.e., nothing.

I am not judging - we have zero insight as to what is going on, or their family dynamics.

16 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I can't say anything negative about the demeanor of the wife and brother since they had to process the loss more deeply and intimately than any fan has. How they viewed that day could have been celebrating the joy that Tyler brought them instead of the tears in his passing. Obviously all the pressure to be in the spotlight was upon Tyler's mom that executed her role flawlessly and showed the love she had for her son. It was a good send off.

yup

We actually arrived really early expecting a big crowd and the crowd didn’t disappoint.  43,000 + but the problem, like most days in Southern California, traffic was awful that Friday.  A lot of fans who didn’t arrive (or couldn’t) arrive early missed a lot of what we saw.

The National Anthem was amazing.  I believe that is the 2nd time he has played at Angel Stadium this year.  Tyler’s mom came out with the family and looked very poised, but we were watching it from the video board.  She threw an absolute BB, right down the middle.

As much as I thought the organization and the team handled this with class and dignity, I honestly hope we don’t have to go through this anymore.  As a fan, it’s very difficult and emotional.  I couldn’t even imaging how a teammate or coach copes with it.

10 hours ago, yk9001 said:

I re-watched it like three or four times.  I found it fascinating.

First off, the bugle national anthem was just fantastic.  Great touch.

I couldn't get over how anxious Skaggs' mom looked, in the moments before.  Not sure I have ever seen a more anxious face on tv.  And who wouldn't be?  The combination of your son passing away, the eyes glaring on you, the pressure to throw a good strike.  And of course, she just nailed it.  Awesome.  I have a huge crush on this woman.  Love her.

I found it interesting how much the wife was in the background during the whole ceremony.  Like really in the background.  She looked calm as well.

The brother and the stepdad were out there as well.  Anybody know the background of the dad?

The SaMoHi jersey was a good touch on the brother.  The brother seemed to be having a great time out there.  The field mic picked up a lot of stuff from him.  He was joking, laughing.  You hear him say that the mom spent the day in the back yard, practicing her pitch.  Interesting how people process and act differently when facing the death of a loved one.

Anybody have any other thoughts about the ceremony?

Good moment to pay respects to Skaggs and his family. Just could not stop feelings of sorry for them. Hopefully all the love from fans will help them to some degree. And the overwhelming feeling that I hope this is the last such ceremony anyone has to endure.