• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Keuchel signed

2 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

The draft pick compensation that was attached to him was lifted and that will be the case when he' a FA after this season.

yeah, i get that. i think he's taking a huge risk that teams will want him for a long term contract, especially after sitting out for 3 months. he'd better have an amazing 3 months the rest of this season if he wants to cash in next year.

i don't think i'd want to go through this a second straight year. i'd have lobbied for a longer contract with the braves, who are a good young team.

24 minutes ago, Tank said:

yeah, i get that. i think he's taking a huge risk that teams will want him for a long term contract, especially after sitting out for 3 months. he'd better have an amazing 3 months the rest of this season if he wants to cash in next year.

i don't think i'd want to go through this a second straight year. i'd have lobbied for a longer contract with the braves, who are a good young team.

Maybe he’s hoping he can show them enough that they’ll offer him an extension and he’ll take it to avoid Free Agency

4 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Why would you stop there  ... either you think he can get you into the playoffs or don’t. 

Because $8 million still = $16 million for a full season.   

When someone leads the AL in hits allowed, one has to proceed with some caution, even if said pitcher was still rock solid just 2 years ago. 

24 minutes ago, Tank said:

Considering he was unemployed and didn't get what he wanted there was really nothing left to lose at this point.  He's already made over 30M in his career before the Braves agreed to pay him another 13M for 4 months of work plus the playoffs should they make it.  At 31 his next multiyear contract is really his big payday and he's banking on a good 4 months to get that pay day.  If he pitches well he should get a multiyear contract although it's probably not going to be what he wanted this year.  If he doesn't then maybe he signs a prove it deal but still gets paid 10M+ a year.  If Matt Harvey and Cahill can make what they are someone will pay Keuchel at least that next year unless his arm falls off.