• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels draft Davis Daniel at 211

mmc

14 minutes ago, True Grich said:

From mlb.com

Daniel's 2019 season ended after only two innings -- he had to have Tommy John surgery in April. But the 6-foot-1, 190-pound right-hander has the body and delivery to be a starting pitcher. As a starter, his fastball sits in the 89-93 mph range with good arm-side run, and he throws a curveball and changeup. He also had a stint as a reliever last year where his velo got up to the 94-97 mph range. He struck out 70 batters in 66 2/3 innings in his last full season at Auburn, and he could take off if his understanding of how to pitch grows to match his stuff.

Well, at least he got his TJ surgery out of the way...

kinda reminds me of the Garrett Richards situation.  Good stuff but rather weak college career.   He doesn't have GR's stuff as per the video, but could be a guy who really benefits from professional instruction . Although I guess Auburn is a very good program.  

sometimes it's the fact that there are just more people with experience to analyze these guys.  Some might see or has already seen a way to adjust his delivery for better results.  

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

kinda reminds me of the Garrett Richards situation.  Good stuff but rather weak college career.   He doesn't have GR's stuff as per the video, but could be a guy who really benefits from professional instruction . Although I guess Auburn is a very good program.  

sometimes it's the fact that there are just more people with experience to analyze these guys.  Some might see or has already seen a way to adjust his delivery for better results.  

its definitely about the specialized coaching..   GRich went to Oklahoma, another pretty well established program but he too never really got it all put together.

22 hours ago, True Grich said:
22 hours ago, True Grich said:

From mlb.com

Daniel's 2019 season ended after only two innings -- he had to have Tommy John surgery in April. But the 6-foot-1, 190-pound right-hander has the body and delivery to be a starting pitcher. As a starter, his fastball sits in the 89-93 mph range with good arm-side run, and he throws a curveball and changeup. He also had a stint as a reliever last year where his velo got up to the 94-97 mph range. He struck out 70 batters in 66 2/3 innings in his last full season at Auburn, and he could take off if his understanding of how to pitch grows to match his stuff.

Well, at least he got his TJ surgery out of the way...

I joked with my dad about this on Monday.  Might as well sign all pitchers that have already had it done to get it out of the way, lol.