• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

June 15th & 16th Angels vs. Tampa Rays

Chuck

Do we have any Florida people in the area that want to join me for a couple of these games at the Trop? 

I'll be down there vacationing for a week and a half and I just found out yesterday that the Angels happen to be in town the weekend that I arrive in Tampa. 

@Inside Pitch?

9 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Do we have any Florida people in the area that want to join me for a couple of these games at the Trop? 

I'll be down there vacationing for a week and a half and I just found out yesterday that the Angels happen to be in town the weekend that I arrive in Tampa. 

@Inside Pitch?

I'm down in Miami and am stuck working mid-week, but hopefully those games up there will have more people than the Marlins/Rays game I went to last night...   

The announced attendance was under 6K and a good 5K of that were no shows.   Was able to get dugout club level row BB, just past 3B adjacent to the dugouts for $46.00 a pop.   None of the seats in the one row in front of me were used, nor the ones behind or to the right of me.   I think there were maybe all of 10 people in a section that holds about 100 or so people at just above ground level.  The section behind mine --  basically Field level seats and the seats directly behind the dugouts were going for as little as $15.00

It really is the saddest thing I've ever seen.

Edited by Inside Pitch

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm down in Miami and am stuck working mid-week, but hopefully those games up there will have more people than the Marlins/Rays game I went to last night...   

The announced attendance was under 6K and a good 5K of that were no shows.   Was able to get dugout club level row BB, just past 3B adjacent to the dugouts for $46.00 a pop.   None of the seats in the one row in front of me were used, nor the ones behind or to the right of me.   I think there were maybe all of 10 people in a section that holds about 100 or so people at just above ground level.  The section behind mine --  basically Field level seats and the seats directly behind the dugouts were going for as little as $15.00

It’s funny that they bothered announcing the “attendance”

11 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

My friend was at one of those games and said the same thing. A lot of talk about moving one, or both of those franchises, but is there a city that wants them? Are there any "better fits"? 

I think baseball has little room for growth in this country, and the next step might be going international. 

9 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

My friend was at one of those games and said the same thing. A lot of talk about moving one, or both of those franchises, but is there a city that wants them? Are there any "better fits"? 

I think baseball has little room for growth in this country, and the next step might be going international. 

Miami just spent half a billion on that stadium. They aren't moving anywhere.

4 hours ago, NJHalo said:

I think if the Rays had the Marlins stadium they would do better -- the Marlins have lost the respect, faith -- everything of the public.   The place being as empty as it was you could hear all the snide comments and there were tons of them.   At one point they got a lead off 2B, then proceeded to strand him there while people derisively called out what would happen as it happened.  Whethe final out was made and they failed to score the run one of the guys bellowed out -- and that right there is why nobody comes here.   The only time all I night I heard people cheer other than when TB did something good.

It was really really sad.  

Jeter and company have a long road to go before they win back the hearts of the fans, not sure they can do that without spending a ton of money and winning a WS....  Keep in mind they have already won 2 of them and they have seen ownership spend before (only to sell off).   To say people are cynical and completely distrustful of ownership is a massive understatement.  I think it's going to take a decade long investment in payroll and a lot of wins to get people to buy in again.

Edited by Inside Pitch

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Jeter and company have a long road to go before they win back the hearts of the fans, not sure they can do that without spending a ton of money and winning a WS....  Keep in mind they have already won 2 of them and they have seen ownership spend before (only to sell off).   So say people are cynical and completely distrustful of ownership is a massive understatement.  I think it's going to take a decade long investment in payroll and a lot of wins to get people to buy in again.

the best thing they can do is stop blowing up their team every 3-5 years and selling off their talent. they're a terribly run franchise and there's no reason for any fan to stay loyal to them.