• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels claim Brian Goodwin....

DMVol

I agree:

DMVol

9 hours ago,  totdprods said: 

Bourjos has officially made the team.

Rangers released Ben Revere, Denard Span is still a FA, and Brian Goodwin was a recently released/DFAed outfielder who could be an interesting pick-up.

My bet is they’ll roll with Fletcher and Bourjos covering LF and an extra IF, but could see Puello or a last-minute pick-up too. 

I have always liked Revere but I'm a little intrigued with Goodwin....

Goodwin is someone we'll need likely to platoon with Bourjos in LF and serve as the 4th OF until Upton is back. 

My only concern is.....does this mean we can expect Upton to be out for an extended period?  Seriously, a sprained toe?  Not broken, sprained.  This has happened to me a few times and I'm guessing if it's happened to me it's happened to you guys.  It was more like it was sore and swollen and blue for a couple days and within a week or so I was back to normal.  

From the comments:

Jesus Castillo gets the DFA to make room

And wow did that guy ever fall apart fast in the Angels system! Fangraphs had him as the teams #7 prospect, both mlb and Sickles had him at #12, to enter last season

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

After all the talk about seeing Fletcher in the OF for a short outage, this must be telling us they are seriously concerned about Upton's Toe.  

Maybe not....Goodwin was basically free....if Upton is back in a month and there is no spot for Goodwin, you release him...

10 minutes ago, floplag said:

i wasnt expecting him to be gone a month so... :)  thats kinda what i meant 

He could force some difficult decisions if he does well....we really don’t have room for 5 OF’ers but I guess they could juggle the roster some.....he has a skill set that is intriguing....but he has to produce....

1 minute ago, jordan said:

Seems interesting that the Angels will have 2-3 players (Stratton, Freeman, Goodwin) on opening day roster who didn’t play a day for them in spring training. I don’t recall that happening in recent memory. 

yeah.  lot of movement at the end of camp. 

pretty meh on Goodwin personally.  Would rather have seen them go with Walsh or Ward.  

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

yeah.  lot of movement at the end of camp. 

pretty meh on Goodwin personally.  Would rather have seen them go with Walsh or Ward.  

I wouldn’t trust Walsh or Ward in the outfield for more than a game or two. 

19 minutes ago, jordan said:

Seems interesting that the Angels will have 2-3 players (Stratton, Freeman, Goodwin) on opening day roster who didn’t play a day for them in spring training. I don’t recall that happening in recent memory. 

Didn’t that happen last year? I think Schimpf, Morris, Graterol, Revere, and Almonte were added right before opening day, and at least 2-3 of them were on the club during then opening series.

9 minutes ago, jordan said:

I wouldn’t trust Walsh or Ward in the outfield for more than a game or two. 

if we added Ward, it would be Fletcher in the OF.  

Walsh is decent enough in the limited times I've seen him although the halos don't seem to think so.  

27 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Didn’t that happen last year? I think Schimpf, Morris, Graterol, Revere, and Almonte were added right before opening day, and at least 2-3 of them were on the club during then opening series.

But were they added without a spring training game under their belt and before the first regular season game?  Seems like Graterol, Revere, and Almonte were at least signed during off season. Schimpf, I have no idea about his transaction, though I think it was late in spring training. 

33 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Graterol was DFA’d and the other were added on minor league contracts. 

0ACF9AE2-3FE1-46A0-8C59-1443B1E787F5.jpeg