• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels claim Brian Goodwin....

DMVol

4 minutes ago, jordan said:

But were they added without a spring training game under their belt and before the first regular season game?  Seems like Graterol, Revere, and Almonte were at least signed during off season. Schimpf, I have no idea about his transaction, though I think it was late in spring training. 

he's been playing in ST games, just not with us. 

Man, Jesus Castillo's future came to a screeching halt last year. He had to have been pitching hurt or something. Just the year before he was sitting 91-93 at the mid point of the year and settling in at 90/91 toward the end, putting up outstanding numbers as he had ever since they acquired him. Then last year he's throwing 86/87, can't get his breaking ball over, can't spot his fastball and is just getting lit up.

No one loses 4-6 mph off their fastball in their early 20's without there being something wrong. He had to have been hiding something.

2 hours ago, jordan said:

I wouldn’t trust Walsh or Ward in the outfield for more than a game or two. 

I don't care so much about defense in LF. The Angels lineup was looking mediocre at best with Justin Upton in it. Without J-Up, or Ohtani, it is quite literally Mike Trout, sprinkled with some Andrelton Simmons and nothing else.

The opposing team could quite literally intentionally walk Trout in every at bat, and still limit the Angels to one or two runs. This offense is in trouble, and Walsh would help alleviate the pressure there a little because he's a good hitter and if they're getting blown out or need a lefty out, they can bring him out of the pen. 

I get that he isn't a star defensively in the OF and that he's not quite a finished product yet either, but it's looking to me like early in the season, the Angels will need to come across some offense any way they can get it. Because let's face it, Pujols, La Stella, Cozart, Bourjos, Lucroy and Calhoun wouldn't scare a AAA pitcher. 

11 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Man, Jesus Castillo's future came to a screeching halt last year. He had to have been pitching hurt or something. Just the year before he was sitting 91-93 at the mid point of the year and settling in at 90/91 toward the end, putting up outstanding numbers as he had ever since they acquired him. Then last year he's throwing 86/87, can't get his breaking ball over, can't spot his fastball and is just getting lit up.

No one loses 4-6 mph off their fastball in their early 20's without there being something wrong. He had to have been hiding something.

Good time of year to try and slip him through waivers though. 

8 hours ago, bruin5 said:

Would it be that much worst than watching the Upton adventure series in left field? 

I watched him in AAA, it wasn't comically bad or anything....like the Trumbo at 3B experiment. But he would not be as good as Upton out there who I found to be pretty average, sometimes below. 

14 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I watched him in AAA, it wasn't comically bad or anything....like the Trumbo at 3B experiment. 

The Trumbo at 3B experiment was indeed comically bad.

Actually laughed watching him try to field, poor dude.

Edited by Inside Pitch

14 hours ago, DMVol said:

He could force some difficult decisions if he does well....we really don’t have room for 5 OF’ers but I guess they could juggle the roster some.....he has a skill set that is intriguing....but he has to produce....

You just described half our roster though... :)

On 3/28/2019 at 6:53 AM, Inside Pitch said:

The Trumbo at 3B experiment was indeed comically bad.

Actually laughed watching him try to field, poor dude.

Man I wish that could have worked out.

Imagine the pressure of having to try 3B for the first time at the big league level...and in like game 4 or whatever of the experiement, playing that position in a no hitter...

• 3 weeks later...