• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Angels Spring Training News & Gameday Thread

Chuck

17 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

I don't think keeping that guy's power bat in the lineup will make up any ground from his bases-on-balls and inability the throw strikes. 

Ooooh. I can hardly wait to see Cowart throw. 

Im skeptical of two-way players because the structure of the game doesn't really encourage their versatility. Most teams will almost always be better off carrying a better position player or a better relief pitcher. Being an organizations 30th best pitcher and 30th best position player doesn't really earn you a spot on a 25 man roster.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

We’ve gone from ‘elbow fatigue’ to ‘forearm fatigue’ to ‘forearm tightness’ (Mota on the broadcast), the next step after that is usually ligament damage and then Tommy John. I hope this is just a bad case of telephone brought on by our inadequate broadcasting crew. Should we be concerned?

Sign Keuchel....quick....

6 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

RHP Griffin Canning – reassigned to minor league camp

·   RHP Miguel Almonte – reassigned to minor league camp

·   LHP Jose Suarez – Optioned to Salt Lake

·   RHP Jesus Castillo – Optioned to Mobile

·   RHP Luis Madero – Optioned to Inland Empire

Is there any significance to Canning being assigned to minor league camp, as opposed to being optioned to Salt Lake like Suarez?

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Because LaStella is likely on the 25 man roster and needs reps while Ward is likely starting in AAA fine tuning his defense. 

So you're ok with La Stella and Fletcher as starting 2B/3B, since Asmus has said Cozart probably would not be ready for opening day, and who as utility infielder? 

5 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

We’ve gone from ‘elbow fatigue’ to ‘forearm fatigue’ to ‘forearm tightness’ (Mota on the broadcast), the next step after that is usually ligament damage and then Tommy John. I hope this is just a bad case of telephone brought on by our inadequate broadcasting crew. Should we be concerned?

no, not at all. all is well!

scope_4.jpg

2 hours ago, ksangel said:

So you're ok with La Stella and Fletcher as starting 2B/3B, since Asmus has said Cozart probably would not be ready for opening day, and who as utility infielder? 

La Stella was making the roster regardless. You asked why he was playing, I gave you the reason. 

15 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Luis Pena quietly has had a strong spring training, could be another option in Bp down the season.

LPena and FPena....at the rate our starters are dropping, Felix has a decent chance to be in the rotation at the start of the season...