• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

One Guy's Opinion on the 8/21/18 game

1.  Fletcher is a very very smart player.  When he hit his triple, the entire right side of the infield was open.  Goldy was holding Calhoun and Marte was playing behind the bag at second.  His total focus was going to RF.  

2.  AP is old and slow.  Playing as many games at first as he has this year is wearing on him.  

3.  Rivera still sucks.  So tired of seeing him out there.  His AB's were not that great, and he has a hard time catching the ball.

4.  Cowart....as much as I had hoped he would figure something out....I dont think he has a future in baseball.  His double looked great..the other at bats he looked lost and badly fooled.

5.  Pena outside of the third, he looked legit.  He was in control, had the hitters off balance. Heck he struck out AJ Pollock three times and Goldy twice.

Overall, if you told me that Rivera, Ward, Cowart and EY were manning the five through eight spots, and we took the NL West leading Diamondbacks to the brink of a lose....I would have laughed...heck I was shaking my head last night.  It's a shame that Cam was an idiot last night.  Our seats were above the pen, and he looked sharp during warm-ups.

I think Pena is legit, too. It certainly makes sense penciling him in for 2019, with all our injured starters. Bad innings against good hitting teams like the D-Backs are going to happen.

We were going to lose that game in the ninth, even without the error, IMO. I thought the runner was going to beat that play, anyway. Poor decision by Cam. It would have been BLNO. There is an 88% chance of a run scoring with BLNO. 

If we are going to solve a fourth OF from within the organization, I think we could do a lot worse than EYJ. We have some better talent than him, but probably not ready next year. 

I sure like Fletcher, too. We need more hitters like him that make contact and hit it where they ain't. Baseball needs hitters like that. I do wish he drew a few more walks, though. Hitting .280, though.

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

I think Pena is legit, too. It certainly makes sense penciling him in for 2019, with all our injured starters. Bad innings against good hitting teams like the D-Backs are going to happen.

We were going to lose that game in the ninth, even without the error, IMO. I thought the runner was going to beat that play, anyway. Poor decision by Cam. It would have been BLNO. There is an 88% chance of a run scoring with BLNO. 

If we are going to solve a fourth OF from within the organization, I think we could do a lot worse than EYJ. We have some better talent than him, but probably not ready next year. 

I sure like Fletcher, too. We need more hitters like him that make contact and hit it where they ain't. Baseball needs hitters like that. I do wish he drew a few more walks, though. Hitting .280, though.

EY as our fourth OFer, I'm all down for it.  I like what he has brought both this year and last year.  

Last night's line up....

AP - 19 HR's

Calhoun 17 HR's

Everybody else combined: 15 Hr's