• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Top Angels prospect Jo Adell promoted to Double-A

Outfielder Jo Adell, the Angels’ top prospect, has been promoted for the second time this year, moving to Double-A less than 14 months after the Angels drafted him out of high school.

Adell, 19, hit .290 with 12 homers and an .891 OPS at Class-A Inland Empire. He played 57 games there, after hitting .326 in his first 25 games of the season at low-A Burlington, Iowa.

Adell played earlier this month in the Futures Game. He was listed as the 16th-best prospect in baseball by MLB.com. Baseball America ranked him 11th.

The Angels took Adell with the 10th pick in the 2017 draft.

Sign up for Home Turf and get exclusive stories every SoCal sports fan must read, sent daily. Subscribe here.

View the full article

I love this move.

All he has to do is survive AA in this promotion.  That's it.  Get a look at what AA is like so his offseason prep is calibrated to this challenge.

Then next year he goes back to AA knowing what he will be facing.

Stepping into AA next year without it feeling unknown is a big deal.

This kid can be special.

53 minutes ago, Barrett said:

Is it a different philosophy or do we finally have some talent again in the minor leagues

Probably a little of both...I just cannot remember when players jumped several levels in a year.

Adell, Rengifo, Canning, Clark All have jumped three levels....A lot of players have moved up at least one level....to me it seems as though the Angels used to sit and let the player 'rot' in a level as opposed to being challenged.  So far this year...there is no rotting....you are moving on up.

2 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

So, will he be replacing Calhoun in right after 2019? Does he have the arm for RF?

Or is he the likely replacement for Trout when/if he departs after 2020?

I am thinking he will see the majors next year, but probably not be a starter until 2020.  

20 hours ago, HaloNArizona said:

Probably a little of both...I just cannot remember when players jumped several levels in a year.

Adell, Rengifo, Canning, Clark All have jumped three levels....A lot of players have moved up at least one level....to me it seems as though the Angels used to sit and let the player 'rot' in a level as opposed to being challenged.  So far this year...there is no rotting....you are moving on up.

True or it could have been that the talent is finally starting to show. I mean we have had guys get to the big leagues quickly. Our minors have been kind of ehh for a while. But you are probably right it is more than likely a combo of the two. Also maybe it's a little of how MLB is changing trying to get your talent to the bigs faster.