• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Seattle Series

15 minutes ago, Hubs said:

The quirks of the schedule need to be fixed and fixed soon. I think adding two more teams and going to 16 in each division solves a lot of it, and there is supposedly real buzz about Portland getting a team soon.

Assuming one West Coast (Portland, SLC, Las Vegas) and one Eastern (Montreal, Virginia, Memphis) expansion the divisions can quickly align by geography a lot closer, with most rivalries staying intact.

I'd swap Tampa Bay and Colorado between leagues, because, Denver should've always been an AL city, and Tampa and Miami being in a new NL South along with the Braves and either Memphis or Washington makes sense to me. Colorado, KC, Texas and Houston will be a good new AL division. The AL West will be Oakland, Seattle, Portland and the Angels, with the NL West staying intact minus Colorado, the AL East staying intact minus Tampa, and the AL Central staying intact minus KC. The NL East will have to be split, with one team from the Central moving over, probably Pittsburgh, to join the Mets and Philies, especially if the 2nd Expansion team is an NL East team, because at least two teams are leaving the East in Florida and Atlanta. That way, the NL Central would be Cinncinati, Chicago, St. Louis and Milwaukee.

This will help scheduling, because instead of 76 unbalanced division games, you'd go down to probably 54 intra-division games. Then it's another 72 games against the rest of the league. There are 12 teams in each league not in your division, so you play 6 games, against each team.

For interleague, you go to 36 games, always use the DH, and allow 26 man rosters for interleague action. I'd play the same 6 weeks each year, two series of three games each. I'd always play the NL West, two teams at home and two away in alternating years, and then home and away against one of the other divisions.

More importantly, this type of schedule allows the teams to be facing the same division opponent at the same time.

When we play Seattle, Portland plays the A's. Then we swap. With eighteen games against division opponents, it allows 9 series to be in the first half and 9 in the second half, or at least as close as possible. We'd get 27 games in August and September that are division play, and 27 in April and May.

When it's intra-league, it would be balanced. When we go to Texas then Houston, so do the A's. (And Seattle and Portland are hosting KC and Colorado). And AL East teams are facing AL Central teams. I'd like to split these series up so we get 12 three game series in each half.

And the same for interleague play, I'd like to play the 12 AL/NL West games in May, and then the other 24 interleague games in July and early August. That way down the stretch, there's no interleague play.

I'd also see if we could do 27 weeks plus a few days, meaning there would always be 6 games a week. Either Monday or Thursday off, and all series would be 3 game series.

Greta post HUbs! good stuff!