• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rays (5/17/2018)

Chuck

1 minute ago, DEVLBAT said:

Okay...I also despise that one. 

Have you ever heard the one for Heritage For The Blind? My wife and I impersonate it like the Autozone ad and it somehow made it less terrible.

Alex Trebek for the Colonial Penn Program.

Insanely expensive whole life insurance to pay for your "final expenses".

Doesn't have an annoying jingle though.

1 minute ago, 101halo said:

Well, I think it shows you WHY he takes the unknown flier route with relievers, outside of the true elite ones, they are just simply less consistent year to year and thus you often get less bang for your buck. Hell, Jansen has been crap this year, even. 

However, it's a heck of a lot riskier strategy when you have a legit contender this year than last year when if they'd sucked we'd have been like "meh, we have bigger problems than the pen." 

I understand why he would take the unknown flier route--or dumpster diving as I like to call it, but that requires too much unnecessary trial-and-error.

A bullpen needs at least 2 reliable arms and those cannot be attained from the bin alone.

3 minutes ago, DEVLBAT said:

Okay...I also despise that one. 

Have you ever heard the one for Heritage For The Blind? My wife and I impersonate it like the Autozone ad and it somehow made it less terrible.

If I have, I've blocked it out. Though this convo did make me think on all commercials to see if I could come up with one I really liked and it inadvertently made my dumbass mind go to this:

SoshjolsRallyMonkeyBaby

Sorry. 

3 minutes ago, failos said:

I understand why he would take the unknown flier route--or dumpster diving as I like to call it, but that requires too much unnecessary trial-and-error.

A bullpen needs at least 2 reliable arms and those cannot be attained from the bin alone.

We praised him last year because he literally DID dumpster dive us into a fantastic pen. Maybe the truth is that he got a little lucky last year and can't count on that always working. Hopefully he learns from it (I suspect he will). 

1 minute ago, OHTANILAND said:

The howling people have taken over the stadium again. Idiots 

Whooooooooooooooooo! 

I was hoping it was just in Tehas and Boston, should've remembered beer is beer in all places, nowhere is safe. Which is coincidentally why I like traveling, I feel at home everywhere. 

1 minute ago, OHTANILAND said:

Pretty much all of the Angels sponsor commercials blow.

This gives me another angel-loss-beer-induced idea. Japanese game show with foundation in Ohtani's work with the Halos. Have to assume g-strings, sumo wrestlers and string cheese would make it fun. 

Just now, 101halo said:

This gives me another angel-loss-beer-induced idea. Japanese game show with foundation in Ohtani's work with the Halos. Have to assume g-strings, sumo wrestlers and string cheese would make it fun. 

Called it! Uh, kinda.