• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blake Parker's ST

16 hours ago, krAbs said:

Meanwhile, Petit's spring stats:

Year
Tm Age GS W L W-L% ERA G GS GF CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP BK WP BF WHIP H9 HR9 BB9 SO9 SO/W OppQual
2018 OAK 33 0 0 0   0.82 8 0 0 0 0 0 11.0 4 1 1 1 0 0 13 0 0 0 38 0.364 3.3 0.8 0.0 10.6   8.3

...We may have kept the wrong reliever...

Don't worry, Oakland will trade him mid season.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Because they aren't ever NOT working on something?   

Seems like they could save some money if they only worked on things during spring training. They'd only have to pay their hitting and pricing coaches for February and March. More yacht fuel for Arte!

To me, if Parker can get ahead of the hitters, he'll be fine.  Look at last nights inning against the Dodgers.  Overall, it was a good inning.  But on one batter he got behind and had to throw one down the middle and the dude launched it.  He needs to stay ahead of hitters.

That said, anybody who expected him to repeat last season is foolish.

12 hours ago, VariousCrap said:

To me, if Parker can get ahead of the hitters, he'll be fine.  Look at last nights inning against the Dodgers.  Overall, it was a good inning.  But on one batter he got behind and had to throw one down the middle and the dude launched it.  He needs to stay ahead of hitters.

That said, anybody who expected him to repeat last season is foolish.

Why ? The peripherals seem pretty sustainable.  His performance this spring has been very surprising to me.  He genuinely seemed to have put together a good approach with a number of good pitches last year.  ST is what it is and I’m willing to see what he does once the games count.  Relievers are also fickle.  But man, for him to go completely just the other way in one season.  That would be a surprise and not a good one. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

9 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Why ? The peripherals seem pretty sustainable.  His performance this spring has been very surprising to me.  He genuinely seemed to have put together a good approach with a number of good pitches last year.  ST is what it is and I’m willing to see what he does once the games count.  Relievers are also fickle.  But man, for him to go completely just the other way in one season.  That would be a surprise and not a good one. 

I didn't mean to imply that he won't have a good season.  I just don't think he'll have the excellent season he had last year.