• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SpaceX

Lhalo

45 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

The NSF feed for the Falcon Heavy launch today was awesome. They’re super nerdy with the commentary but the camera shots of the 2 boosters returning were ridiculously incredible. 

That was pretty awesome.  I like the commentary.  It was total nerdy, but you could tell they knew what they were talking about.  Might have been one of the most beautiful launches and landing I've seen.  

Here is a different view.  SpaceX's feed.  Not as spectacular, but different.

Rocket Report: SpaceX reaches ‘ludicrous’ cadence; ABL explains RS1 failure

News from all the rocket companies around the world.  Really interesting read for spaceship geeks.  

This section was quite hilarious.  If I was SpaceX, I'd pin it up on the bulletin board.

European reusable rocket CEO criticizes reuse. In an interview with a French television station, the chief executive of Maia Space described the challenges of reusing small rockets. Yohann Leroy explained that while the company was looking at a two-thirds drop in performance when the launcher was recovered, the model would not reduce the cost of the launcher by a similar amount, European Spaceflight reports. "Paradoxically, implementing reuse on a small launcher has rather the consequence of increasing the costs per kilogram launched," Leroy said.

Zut alors! ... The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of ArianeGroup, which manufactures the Ariane fleet of rockets. Leroy made his comments as Maia Space is opening itself up to third-party investors. The company has about 30 employees now and seeks to develop a small reusable rocket before moving on to larger reusable launch vehicles. Leroy may not be wrong about the economics of small launch reuse, but I'm not sure that's the best pitch—essentially, "Our business is completely unsustainable!"—one might make to potential investors. (submitted by EllPeaTea)

• 2 weeks later...

Not SpaceX or space for that matter.  But these usually have a different pattern than spacecraft. BTW, planned in advance.  Yeah, right.  Launching right after Ballongate.

Unarmed missile set to launch from Vandenberg Space Force Base

The launch is scheduled to take place between 11:01 p.m. on February 9 and 5:01 a.m. on February 10.

48 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Not SpaceX or space for that matter.  But these usually have a different pattern than spacecraft. BTW, planned in advance.  Yeah, right.  Launching right after Ballongate.

Unarmed missile set to launch from Vandenberg Space Force Base

According to Air Force officials, the launch is a routine test that was scheduled years in advance.

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

• 1 month later...