• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can Angels win World Series?

Torridd

My gut feeling is that the Astros will not be as good next year.  I don't think their pitching will be as good...guys like McCullers, Peacock, Morton will probably come down a notch or two.  Giles is still erratic.  No more Houston hurricane emotions.  And it's overall hard to have the magic in back to back years.  Not impossible, just not as likely.  So, a team, like the Halos with solid improvements, an excitement that is building, could take the Division by a couple of games.  The Cubs were looking like they would fall off most of the season but turned it on late.  So we just need to play the 162. 

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

Yeah, I left out how much they pitched around him to get to Albert.

I want more than walks out of my #3 hitter. I want him to HIT behind Trout, not set the table for another Pujols ground out.

Then you’ll be pumped to learn his slugging percent was over .530 and he had 7 doubles and 7 homers in his month with the Angels.  

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

Then you’ll be pumped to learn his slugging percent was over .530 and he had 7 doubles and 7 homers in his month with the Angels.  

He did hit for power..........when he hit.  

I guess he was what everyone worships these days. Power at the expense of batting average, combined with plenty of Ks. He struck out almost 29% of the time as an Angel. #5 in the AL in Ks.

I would prefer he make more contact, even if it means less power.

Counting on a better season for Pujols...fools gold.

I hope the Pujols decline accelerates, to the point where Scioscia will move him down or off the lineup card. Hard to picture a team having post season success with the worst player in MLB hitting cleanup.

Angels are simply a better team without The GIDP Machine.

4 hours ago, TC2424 said:

The Offense will be fine. The Starting Rotation will be better than most think. As constructed, the Bullpen

is in no way a Playoff Pen, let alone a WS Pen.

Outstanding first post TC2424, welcome to AngelWin.  Let's have some names of who we need to put in the Pen, and how much they will cost.

THX TomsRed

Halos Fan since 1969

Im not sure how much if anything is left in the kitty to pony-up, but as we've all seen in today's game, relief pitching

is critical. A solid Pen not only saves young arms, but bolsters the confidence of young pitchers.

I'm  trying to stay realistic, but the Fan in me always comes out. Short of Trading for Brad Hand, I'd like to see them Sign a relatively "Young" pair

of experienced Guys. Bring back to Cali (SDST] Addison Reed...28 with closing experience and success, along with

28 years old Lefty Kevin Siegrist.

Reeds gonna cost ya, probably a bit over 3/36, while Siegrist ( career 3 era) should be had for an incentive laden 2/5.

Add in potential long men, Skaggs/Heaney/Alvarez/Tropeano...whoever doesn't stick in the Rotation and it gives us

a much deeper, balanced Pen. IMo

Go Halos

37 minutes ago, TC2424 said:

THX TomsRed

Halos Fan since 1969

Im not sure how much if anything is left in the kitty to pony-up, but as we've all seen in today's game, relief pitching

is critical. A solid Pen not only saves young arms, but bolsters the confidence of young pitchers.

I'm  trying to stay realistic, but the Fan in me always comes out. Short of Trading for Brad Hand, I'd like to see them Sign a relatively "Young" pair

of experienced Guys. Bring back to Cali (SDST] Addison Reed...28 with closing experience and success, along with

28 years old Lefty Kevin Siegrist.

Reeds gonna cost ya, probably a bit over 3/36, while Siegrist ( career 3 era) should be had for an incentive laden 2/5.

Add in potential long men, Skaggs/Heaney/Alvarez/Tropeano...whoever doesn't stick in the Rotation and it gives us

a much deeper, balanced Pen. IMo

Go Halos

I would have shared your concern more last year.  In fact, I had the same concerns and wanted to bolster the pen.  

Then we ended up with a top 5 pen using Petit, Parker, Hernandez, Norris, Salas, Chavez, Blake Wood, Noe Ramirez and a few others.  

I'm inclined to give Eppler the benefit of the doubt now and let him work some waiver magic.  

Reed would be nice though to solidify things.  But I fully expect Middleton and Bedrosian to be better and Paredes to get more meaningful innings. 

17 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I would have shared your concern more last year.  In fact, I had the same concerns and wanted to bolster the pen.  

Then we ended up with a top 5 pen using Petit, Parker, Hernandez, Norris, Salas, Chavez, Blake Wood, Noe Ramirez and a few others.  

I'm inclined to give Eppler the benefit of the doubt now and let him work some waiver magic.  

Reed would be nice though to solidify things.  But I fully expect Middleton and Bedrosian to be better and Paredes to get more meaningful innings. 

This could be the year we really find out if Billy has an upper hand knowledge over every other GM in the league or if he just for a lack of a better term just got “lucky.” The general consensus is a trust in Billy. Let’s all hope for the best!