• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels off-season plans/prediction

Vlad27Trout27

19 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

trade two pitchers for a utility IF? Cowart can play utility IF for free and Valbuena as the every day 3B? You know he can't hit LHP, right? Also Cowart can hit better than a .172 BA Profar had last year, and plays better defense.

I have no idea how you quoted me posting that when it wasn't me.

Seems clear they would like to get Hernandez for 2B, which im fine with.  Dee Gordon trade would be a plan B i assume.  Either works for me pending who gets traded.   Profar, well im not sure it would depend entirely on the cost at this point. 

Also seems likely they will make a run at Moustakis.  Again ok with me.  right now Valbuena is our starting 3B. 

Morrison interests me a lot, though i think he goes to KC to replace Hosmer.    If this happens it seems clear Cron gets traded.   If not then we continue the platoon and Valbuena backs up the corners when not starting. 

I might take a look at Uptons brother Melvin as a 4th OF if hes open to such a role.  Says he wants to play and put up serviceable numbers, might be an options since we let literally all of our non starting OF walk. 

Aside from that i target relievers in trades or signings.   I dont trade the farm for more SP, we have enough, shorten the games and make it matter less.  I dont see any of the top aces in FA that are going to be anywhere near close to the risk versus the cost and wouldnt touch them with a 10 foot pole. 

Otani, not even on my radar.  

Welcome to the board, Vlad27Trout27, I have a Vlad jersey that my daughter gave me for Christmas 8 years ago.

Panik is intriguing.   Gordon gets pros and cons regularly on here.   Figgins was 33 when he fell off the cliff for Seattle in 2011, and Gordon is 30.

Otani would be a great addition, but it's wide open, although some think the Skanks will get him.

Smardzjia could be intriguing too.   Always had good stuff, but has been a bit up and down though.  

Walker has a solid plate eye.   But one thing concerns me.  He's missed close to a 1/3 of the season in games over the past two years.   

Eppler, unlike Dipussy and J. Pierpont Reagins, does seem to have a solid plan that has a chance of working in the long run.