• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

4 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

These are good proposals. I would also add that a vote on HR-8 should happen as well. Stricter background checks has wide-ranging support, yet the Senate won’t take it up. I think that goes largely to the point Taylor was making about most of our senators being bought and paid for by lobbyists. I’m not really interested in taking away people’s guns. I am interested in making it more difficult to acquire them. As for school security, the main proposals I hear are the one-door idea, which is patently absurd, and it’s meant to be. It’s just a deflection away from the issue of accessibility of guns. The guns are the thing that separates us from other industrialized nations as it relates to gun violence. No one else has this problem.

So this is how I see gun control and I base this from living in California, which is fiercely anti gun. We literally have every single gun law that the dems are pushing (and then some) yet we still have mass shootings and our gun violence numbers are going up.. The left here is never satisfied and is always pushing more and more gun laws yet we have asshat DAs like Gascon and Bodin that will not prosecute gun crimes or enhancements so what is the point? Look at the handgun roster and the "one gun a month" law and tell me how these are saving any lives or stopping a mass shooting? To me it feels like if you give an inch they will take a mile. I'm sure other pro 2A folks around the country see this too. 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

So this is how I see gun control and I base this from living in California, which is fiercely anti gun. We literally have every single gun law that the dems are pushing (and then some) yet we still have mass shootings and our gun violence numbers are going up.. The left here is never satisfied and is always pushing more and more gun laws yet we have asshat DAs like Gascon and Bodin that will not prosecute gun crimes or enhancements so what is the point? Look at the handgun roster and the "one gun a month" law and tell me how these are saving any lives or stopping a mass shooting? To me it feels like if you give an inch they will take a mile. I'm sure other pro 2A folks around the country see this too. 

This x1000. The left politicians will never be satisfied until every gun is removed from society and placed in the hands of the government. It’s nothing more than a ploy for power. They want their voters to believe they are trying to protect them as they strip their rights away. 

23 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I never said they were the bedrock of society but I’ll tell you that previous generations of Americans held Christian values in a higher regard than today’s.

Which generations, specifically? And which Christian values?

Just now, Lhalo said:

You’re a smart kid. You can figure it out. 

I honestly can't. I've done some reading on Christianity in America since 1900 and struggle to think of a single decade when Christian values were truly practiced on a national scale. More often than not, Christians have been on the wrong side of history on key social issues. 

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I honestly can't. I've done some reading on Christianity in America since 1900 and struggle to think of a single decade when Christian values were truly practiced on a national scale. More often than not, Christians have been on the wrong side of history on key social issues. 

I think their is a difference between "Christian values" the Christian religion. 

11 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Ya the Ten Commandments are truly awful. 

Edited by Lhalo

Taylor 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Well the modern day liberalism had a lot to do with that. Within about a 15 year span the dems and libs managed to oppose desegregation, legalize abortion, remove prayer from schools  , and introduce welfare. It’s as if they had a plan to replace God with government 

The NRA is lobbying entity that masquerades as like a a gun enthusiast operation.  Maybe some time in the past that was true but today it’s more about lobbying and generally being in the politics game.  I don’t know if it’s still around but a couple of years ago they had NRA TV which was some kind of streaming service for insane people.  Some here have noted that it is a deeply corrupt organization which lines up with the lobbying thing.  I don’t know what they’re up to in terms of money spent since some of their recent money problems.  But in the recent past they have spent plenty of money on their people in congress. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

On 5/29/2022 at 3:28 PM, WicketMaiden said:

Yes. About ten years ago, I was house-sitting a ground-floor flat in Clapham, London. Early in the morning, heard a crack from the sitting room window and thought maybe kids on their way to school had cracked a window with a football or something. So I slipped out of bed and strolled to the sitting room, butt naked and half asleep, looked over to the window and a guy was standing there in the flat dusting his hands off. We both froze for a fraction of a second:

"What do you think you're doing? Get out", I said sort of calmly and quite surprised, while my brain was working out angles and distances and times to various weapons and blunt instruments around the place, (amazing how fast your brain works in situations like that).

The guy was frozen to the spot - possibly doing the same angles and times calculations but with my lap-top as his prize, maybe working out that he was clothed and a good 50lbs heavier than the naked guy, but the naked guy was in good shape and didn't seem to give a shit about the clothing thing. Then the anger came: the cheeky bastard!

I started advancing towards him, raising my voice and pointing at the open window he'd come in through, "Go on, get out! Get the fuck out! Now!". Luckily this jolted him into action and he pretty much flew through the window (somehow only leaving half a palm print behind) and ran off. Didn't feel shaken up at all, a bit of adrenaline, but went back to bed with my girlfriend (who luckily had stayed in bed throughout wondering who I was shouting at).

Speaking to the police later, they said burglars and housebreakers are cowards who don't like confrontation, hence the choice of crime, otherwise they'd be robbers or muggers etc. Lucky for me, a fight would have been a nasty affair. 

It didn't bother me much at the time. But for at least two years afterwards, if there was the slightest noise in my house at night the adrenaline would kick in and I'd be up and stalking around the place armed with a cosh. 

So, on the one hand I'm glad neither of us had a gun, because that day would have had a far less peaceful outcome. But on the other hand, a gun under my pillow those two years afterwards would have been very reassuring. 

What’s a cosh?

19 minutes ago, SurfWriter said:

God was NOT at the center of our government or values unless you're wanting to impose YOUR brand of religion on the rest of us.  What you list there is all fine with me if instituted properly, though I don't know what you mean about "dems and libs" (here we go with the bigot's boogeymen) opposing desegregation. Maybe you mean they opposed segregation, or maybe you have squashed historical periods into a "15 year span".  But back in the good old days like the time of the massacre of blacks in Clinton, MS there were definitely white Dems who stoked the racist riots.  The parties have changed over the years, and now we have a Trumpist gang--masquerading as a political party-- that is the most unprincipled, corrupt and anti-democracy gang we've seen in a very long time, maybe ever.

Western values can certainly be traced back to Christian Judeo beliefs. The last klansman didn’t l leave the democrat party until the Obama administration. Hell Clinton Gore proudly displayed the stars and bars at southern rallies. What principles are on the left? Burning cities , killing babies, sexual immorality, envy, and stealing. Intended or not the black community is much worse off today than pre LBJ.  If the dems are fighting for black America they’ve done a shitty job. Since the so called switch theory black Americans are poorer than ever. Since Roe v Wade the libs have executed enough black babies to be the third most populous state. It doesn’t get much more anti democratic than this. 

14 minutes ago, SurfWriter said:

I'm soooo impressed.  That pretty well sums up the brainless and rageful gun fanatic's defiance and unwillingness to deal in a rational way with the discussion of a subject.  If you post that over at the Blightfart website, I'm sure all the bigoted bros there will give you a medal with Alex Jonestown on one side and Trumputin on the other.

Gun restrictions that aren’t accompanied by increased armed security in our schools isn’t rational. A rational human understands a suicidal mass shooter isn’t worried about some law. 

2 hours ago, SurfWriter said:

You're right except in characterizing all senators as corrupt and against gun control measures.  You should know that's not the case.  Virtually all the Dem senators favor at least some of the basic measures I outlined and in HR-8.  The only reason it hasn't been brought up, but will be soon, is that Schumer knows he can't win on a vote when ALL Rs will oppose and the filibuster prevents them taking it up.  It's the sick Rumpuglycons who are in the pocket of gun industry and related special interests.  I'm not saying many Dems don't cater to some special interests, but the R gang is so far into corruption and anti-democracy that they no longer deserve to be called a legitimate political party.  At least if a vote is held on the Senate floor, and the measure is filled with popular ideas, the Rs will be exposed as unreasonable and unwilling to do what the majority wants and needs.  Of course, they will come up with another dishonest rationale for that, mainly underscoring their supposed devotion to absolute gun "rights".

Oh, I agree. I’d love to see it put to vote so that the Republicans, plus Manchin and Sinema have to put their names on it. I put the Democrats in a similar boat as the Republicans because of their seeming unwillingness to do anything. When the Republicans want something done, they play hardball and find ways to get these things done, even if those things are horrible. They get their members in line or those members get expelled. When the Democrats run into an obstacle, that’s pretty much it. They seem to give up.

American civilians own roughly half of the world’s guns despite being around 5% of the world’s population. Americans buy around 14MIL new guns per year. We have, by far, the most guns per capita. Now, conservative leaders are blaming video games, mental health, fatherless homes, godlessness, and architecture (a new one) for gun violence. Every other industrialized nation in the world has those same issues. Every one. What they don’t have is 120 guns per 100 people. Nor do those countries have mass shootings. The preponderance of gun ownership would seem to be a big difference between us and other countries, yet no one wants to take a good look at that.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns/americans-own-nearly-half-worlds-guns-in-civilian-hands-survey-idUSKBN1JE220

26 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

American civilians own roughly half of the world’s guns despite being around 5% of the world’s population. Americans buy around 14MIL new guns per year. We have, by far, the most guns per capita. Now, conservative leaders are blaming video games, mental health, fatherless homes, godlessness, and architecture (a new one) for gun violence. Every other industrialized nation in the world has those same issues. Every one. What they don’t have is 120 guns per 100 people. Nor do those countries have mass shootings. The preponderance of gun ownership would seem to be a big difference between us and other countries, yet no one wants to take a good look at that.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns/americans-own-nearly-half-worlds-guns-in-civilian-hands-survey-idUSKBN1JE220

I don't think anyone is going to argue that we do not have a lot of guns. So how are you going to take them away? Should we just ban all guns moving forward? I'm not sure how you change this. 

5 hours ago, SurfWriter said:

Your posting is so filled with dangerous half-truths, gross distortions, historical ignorance and truly depraved accusations that I'm not going to dignify if with a detailed response.  Your hyper-partisan and bigoted sentiments place you in the category of a failed citizen, and I don't have the patience to try to reason with someone so entrenched in self-delusion. 

Spoken like a true woke lib that parades as a moderate. I’m willing to bet woke ideology isn’t  the only thing you keep in the closet. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I don't think anyone is going to argue that we do not have a lot of guns. So how are you going to take them away? Should we just ban all guns moving forward? I'm not sure how you change this. 

I think it starts with an honest discussion from our leaders about our love affair with guns. Stop all of the deflecting that gets us nowhere until the next one happens. Good lord, the people in Buffalo hadn’t even buried their dead before the next event occurred. All we hear after that is a bunch of absolute nonsense from our leaders that don’t even touch on guns as an issue. People can also stop with this notion that more guns in more places will make us safer. If that was the answer, we’d be the safest people in the world, and this stuff wouldn’t keep happening. For all of the stuff people like to say about Chicago and Detroit,  places like Wyoming, Louisiana, and Alabama have the highest rates of gun-related deaths. 

I’m not saying take all of your guns away, but that’s where gun owners keep going, 0-100. Making guns harder to get would seem to be a good way to begin preventing mass shootings. Raise the to buy them. Close the Charleston loophole. Make background checks more thorough, and run them through all state and federal databases. Require training and licensure that must be periodically renewed. 

Just now, Kotchman said:

Spoken like a true woke lib that parades as a moderate. I’m willing to bet woke ideology isn’t  the only thing you keep in the closet. 

Seriously, STFU. This act isn’t funny in here, troll. You have nothing of value to add playing this sick caricature. There are plenty of real conservatives in this forum. Take your cosplay back to the furry convention.