• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 9/15 Rangers @ Angels: Bud Norris starting

jsnpritchett

Guess I missed the news about Norris?  I've been out of the loop for a few days...

ANGELS:

1. Brandon Phillips (R) 2B
2. Mike Trout (R) CF
3. Justin Upton (R) LF
4. Albert Pujols (R) DH
5. Kole Calhoun (L) RF
6. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS
7. Luis Valbuena (L) 3B
8. C.J. Cron (R) 1B
9. Martin Maldonado (R) C

Norris on the mound.

RANGERS:

1. Delino DeShields (R) CF
2. Shin-Soo Choo (L) RF
3. Elvis Andrus (R) SS
4. Adrian Beltre (R) DH
5. Nomar Mazara (L) LF
6. Joey Gallo (L) 1B
7. Will Middlebrooks (R) 3B
8. Rougned Odor (L) 2B
9. Brett Nicholas (L) C

Nick Martinez on the mound.

16 minutes ago, IEAngelsfan said:

It was either Norris or Pennington............I would've chosen Pennington.

Norris is only going to pitch an inning or two. If Chavez starts another game he gets an extra $250,000, but he will be in this game after the first inning most probably. Petit will also most likely pitch as well.

2 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Norris is only going to pitch an inning or two. If Chavez starts another game he gets an extra $250,000, but he will be in this game after the first inning most probably. Petit will also most likely pitch as well.

I hope you're wrong about Chavez and not having him start so they can save a lousy $250k.  You go with Chavez because IMO, he's the better option to start this game.  He would hopefully go 3 innings, then Petit for 2.  You then have the bullpen for the rest of the game.  That even looks bad, but it's better than Norris starting.

Now watch Norris pitch 3 SO innings.

2 minutes ago, IEAngelsfan said:

I hope you're wrong about Chavez and not having him start so they can save a lousy $250k.  You go with Chavez because IMO, he's the better option to start this game.  He would hopefully go 3 innings, then Petit for 2.  You then have the bullpen for the rest of the game.  That even looks bad, but it's better than Norris starting.

Now watch Norris pitch 3 SO innings.

Does it really matter?  I mean this is a bullpen game.  Would you rather start Petit or close Petit?  I'd rather close him.  As far as Chavez goes, would you pay the guy $250k to give you one more inning than Bud Norris?  I would guess Norris has as much starting experience as Chavez...  

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Does it really matter?  I mean this is a bullpen game.  Would you rather start Petit or close Petit?  I'd rather close him.  As far as Chavez goes, would you pay the guy $250k to give you one more inning than Bud Norris?  I would guess Norris has as much starting experience as Chavez...  

I'm thinking Chavez goes 3 or 4 innings.  He seems to do ok when he goes through the line-up once.  Norris on the other hand will go 2 innings at most.  The bottom line is that I don't trust Norris at this point.  As far as Petit, they can use him in the middle or have him close, I really don't care enough one way or the other.

I have had more faith in Chavez than in Nolasco for a while. He just cant last more than 4-5 innings.

Although, I have to admit, Nolasco pitched pretty well against the Astros last night. That was an abnormality.

Moreno is a flippin' cheapazz.  I wondered why Chavez hasnt started in a while. This is blatant. I wouldnt be surprised to see the union bring this up. Norris hasnt started a game this year, has he?

2 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Moreno is a flippin' cheapazz.  I wondered why Chavez hasnt started in a while. This is blatant. I wouldnt be surprised to see the union bring this up. Norris hasnt started a game this year, has he?

Maybe it's due to the 6.89 ERA he had in his last 7 starts before he was moved to the bullpen?  Or the .913 OPS he gave up in those starts?  Or the fact that he's just generally not that good, so it really doesn't fucking matter?

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Maybe it's due to the 6.89 ERA he had in his last 7 starts before he was moved to the bullpen?  Or the .913 OPS he gave up in those starts?  Or the fact that he's just generally not that good, so it really doesn't fucking matter?

Chavez gets haas 21 starts this year. he gets bonuses of:

Contract Notes:
  • Games Started Bonus
    $100,000 each for 10,12,14
    $150,000 each for 16, 18
    $200,000 for 20
    $250,000 each for 22, 24
    $300,000 for 26
    $400,000 for 28
    $500,000 for 30 

If he had pitch well he would still be starting. He has done better from the pen.