• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I was a Pete Rose HOF advocate, until...

10 minutes ago, Curse of the Wonderdog said:

It turns out he's a pedo.

Ban himb for life, again.

Among the 99% of Pete Rose HOF comments engulfed in the idea that being in the HOF is an award to the player personally so that keeping them out is a dependable punishment to them personally.

I don't give a rat's ass how Pete Rose personally feels about being in the HOF.

I just want them to get it right historically as a museum.  And just tell the truth on the plaque.

"Rose is considered one of the All time greats  for his hustle and career numbers.  In the end, Rose personally destroyed his own reputation with his choices after his playing days and remains banned from baseball to this day."

28 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Among the 99% of Pete Rose HOF comments engulfed in the idea that being in the HOF is an award to the player personally so that keeping them out is a dependable punishment to them personally.

I don't give a rat's ass how Pete Rose personally feels about being in the HOF.

I just want them to get it right historically as a museum.  And just tell the truth on the plaque.

"Rose is considered one of the All time greats  for his hustle and career numbers.  In the end, Rose personally destroyed his own reputation with his choices after his playing days and remains banned from baseball to this day."

I disagree with this. All the HOF is is a personal reward. He's not removed from the record books or from history. I never saw Pete Rose play and know he's the hit king. I know who Shoeless Joe is. The point of a museum is to teach history and connect with it. Pete Rose still has memorabilia in the HOF. Kids can learn about him and connect with his accomplishments. He just isn't being personally honored. It doesn't matter to the history of baseball one damn but whether or not Rose is in the Hall of Fame. It matters to Pete Rose a great deal.

7 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ironically pete probably met this kid at the circus, or at least took her there.

"So I was bangin' this chick in the ass right? And I reach around to grab her tits, and she stops me and says 'that's awfully presumptuous of you.' Im like, 'presumptuous?! That's an awfully big word for a 12 year old.'" - Pete Rose

6 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

I disagree with this. All the HOF is is a personal reward. He's not removed from the record books or from history. I never saw Pete Rose play and know he's the hit king. I know who Shoeless Joe is. The point of a museum is to teach history and connect with it. Pete Rose still has memorabilia in the HOF. Kids can learn about him and connect with his accomplishments. He just isn't being personally honored. It doesn't matter to the history of baseball one damn but whether or not Rose is in the Hall of Fame. It matters to Pete Rose a great deal.

If you follow that logic, then the Hall of Fame is as much about personal conduct as it is performance. I don't know how you can keep the all-time hit leader out of the Hall, when they admit people like Gaylord Perry, who was a known spitballer and whose numbers were more a function of longevity than anything else.

For the record, Shoeless Joe Jackson batted .375 with a .394 OBP in the World Series that he supposedly conspired to throw. Another travesty by MLB.

Rose isn't eligible for the HOF because he was banned.  This has nothing to do with what those that govern the HOF want or don't want.  

Rose is a despicable human being as were many ball players before him and as will there be others to come.  He got banned from baseball because he got caught doing something wrong, lied about it, tried to cover it up, and then fought the establishment.  His lack of contrition is why he remains banned.  Probably inconsistent to some degree by mlb standards, but they aren't wrong to treat him as they have in my opinion.  

7 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

If you follow that logic, then the Hall of Fame is as much about personal conduct as it is performance. I don't know how you can keep the all-time hit leader out of the Hall, when they admit people like Gaylord Perry, who was a known spitballer and whose numbers were more a function of longevity than anything else.

For the record, Shoeless Joe Jackson batted .375 with a .394 OBP in the World Series that he supposedly conspired to throw. Another travesty by MLB.

Whether the Hall is a reflection of personal conduct, the fact remains that enshrinement is of personal benefit to the player. I get why no one wants to bestow that benefit to a shithead like Rose.

Like others have said, he will be in when he's good and dead.

And yes I know there are plenty of shitheads already in the Hall. 

The Baseball Hall of Fame is independent of major league baseball corporate. They can create whatever rules and guidelines they choose to induct or bar players from induction. They choose to follow MLB lifetime ban rules but could change their stance at any time. Currently, Pete Rose has given them no reason to change their rules. 

Geez.......Rose's stats -- greatest of all time......

folks argue that it's what he did on the field that counts.

and then he says and does stuff over the years that make even the folks that support him being in the HOF cringe. I mean his being on the Fox Sports baseball panel for the playoffs was painful to watch whenever he was on.........

and now this stuff --  yeah, he's never getting into the HOF.

HOF biggest slight/ missed opportunity IMO was when the Veteran's Committee passed on the chance to vote BUCK O'NEILL into the HOF as a "UNIVERSAL AMBASSADOR of the GAME and GOOD WILL" -- whatever label they wanted to provide -- and do so at a time when BUCK O'NEILL would have been alive and present at the ceremony.

what a celebration of baseball that would have been -

what a speech that would have been.

O'NEILL could have spoken of Josh Gibson, Cool Papa Bell, Satchel Paige etc.  It would have been just great.

Instead, the stuffed shirts who ran the vets committee at the time said NO on a split vote because Buck O'Neill didn't have the 'stats' -- how ridiculous.