• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good camping spots from So Cal <4hr drive

There are a lot of places north of Santa Barbara, like Lawrence mentioned, Carpinteria is great. Carlsbad, and San Ellijo to the south are fantastic as well. (don't bother with San Onofre unless your idea of camping is sleeping next to a freeway offramp).

Jalama Beach is one of my favorite, small spot near Lompoc...nothing within 20+ miles....but it's a tough spot to get. They have walkup, but unless you can try and get there on a Tuesday/Wednesday you probably aren't going to have much luck.

You can also drive up into the mountains along 395, don't have to stay in Lonepine, drive up towards Whitney Portal. Onion Valley is outside of Independence. From Bishop there are a number of campgrounds as you head up Bishop Creek Road. If you go to reserve america you can try and get reservations, or at a minimum it will show you all the walkup campgrounds available.

This book is also a great resource

https://www.amazon.com/Moon-California-Camping-Complete-Campgrounds/dp/1631215671/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500046454&sr=8-1&keywords=camping+in+california

If you want mountains I always liked the Garner Valley-Santa Rosa Mountains-Warner Springs-Warner Valley area. Basically between Idylwild and Palomar Mountain along hwys 74 and 79. Not sure what type of camping you want to do, but there are lots of choices, everything from tent and car camping to RV..

Santa Rosa Mountain is cool, Santa Rosa Springs campground is worth checking out. Lake Hemet. Like I said ..lots of variety depending on what you are looking for.  But for close by So Cal camping, that area was always my go-to.