• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

What is a first-round pick worth at the NHL trade deadline?

So from what's in the article.  Ristolainen is probably a 1st, Silfverberg, minor leaguer, maybe more.  But Kane is maybe worth a conditional first/second with someone like Trop and Boll only, but they are asking for much much more.  

And that we probably did well with the Henrique trade.  

Edited by gotbeer

Besides the obvious problems defensively, one of the Ducks biggest problems is the disappearance offensively of players like Wagner, Silfverberg, Grant (Always scratched to play Ritchie ???), And Roy (AHL now). Really, these guys now can't score against 4th line and 3rd pairing guys?

56 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

This road trip has been a complete disaster.  When is there going to be some accountability for this fucking horrific defense. 

I don't even blame Miller for allowing all these goals.  When you don't have any D's and let breakaways from players that know how to score, you are going to get beat.  When you don't cover in front of the net or are a cone and let player after player after player skate around you, goalie will be beat.  

This team will not make the playoffs with the three cones playing.  Period.  

33 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Besides the obvious problems defensively, one of the Ducks biggest problems is the disappearance offensively of players like Wagner, Silfverberg, Grant (Always scratched to play Ritchie ???), And Roy (AHL now). Really, these guys now can't score against 4th line and 3rd pairing guys?

Sad thing is.  Ritchie is playing pretty well right now on the Henrique/Kase line.  Until RC starts tinkering and changes the chemistry that those three are showing right now.  

On 2/3/2018 at 8:34 AM, UndertheHalo said:

I think you do it if you can work out a deal to get ristolainen especially.  It doesn’t have to be jones or steel that go the other way.  I mean this is all hypothetical right ?but to me I’d rather pay a steep price and legitimately fill the holes then do the half measure thing.  I’ll give up the 1st rounder and Larsson if it makes us paper favorites to come out the west.  We keep doing the value thing and it never works.  This is what use to kill me about Bill Stoneman.  The Ducks are in the win a Stanley cup now game.  That window is closing quickly.  Are we going to take our shot or not ?  That’s how I look at it.  I am completely in with the idea of a significant high risk high reward trade.  The Ducks need a big shake up.   

Imagine being able to run Kane out there with Getzlaf.  Dude is a beast. 

A little late here but I'd do that too. What GB mentioned in that article, a 1st, prospect, roster player, conditional pick = 1st, Larsson, Ritchie/Silf, 5th that can turn into a 4th or 3rd pending Cup run. Hell, if Kane and Risto are coming back I'd do Ritchie and Silf, not just either or.

15 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I don't even blame Miller for allowing all these goals.  When you don't have any D's and let breakaways from players that know how to score, you are going to get beat.  When you don't cover in front of the net or are a cone and let player after player after player skate around you, goalie will be beat.  

This team will not make the playoffs with the three cones playing.  Period.  

The D is awful.  Nothing else to say.  It’s crazy that people thought it was going to be a strength.  If you think about it on paper the whole idea is retarded.  Can anyone think of a good defensive team that’s assembled the way the Ducks are ? This isn’t a blue print for success.  

I don’t really understand how a guy like Megna is worse then Bieksa or Beauchmin.  At least let the player fail and grow and see what we’ve got.   We aren’t losing anything with the 2 worthless veterans.  They’re terrible.  Megna isn’t worse.  In fact, I thought he had as many good games as bad when he was playing in the first month or so that he got some ice.  That he was expose to waivers is absolutely ridiculous.  The Ducks utterly lack d men that we need that possess Megna’s skill set. 

What do I know I guess 

Edited by UndertheHalo

39 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

A little late here but I'd do that too. What GB mentioned in that article, a 1st, prospect, roster player, conditional pick = 1st, Larsson, Ritchie/Silf, 5th that can turn into a 4th or 3rd pending Cup run. Hell, if Kane and Risto are coming back I'd do Ritchie and Silf, not just either or.

Every game on this road trip has made our prospects look bleaker and bleaker.  Murray can’t afford to wait for the deadline imo.  The team is not consistent and is a disaster defensively.  We need to decide if we’re going for it this year or not.  And we need to figure it out quickly.  

Like I’ve said before.  If the Ducks don’t make the playoffs.  Both Murray and Carlyle have to go.  This is Bob Murray’s mess.  It shouldn’t be Carlyle that gets the blame.  But he’s Murray’s guy and should go with him. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

20 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The D is awful.  Nothing else to say.  It’s crazy that people thought it was going to be a strength.  If you think about it on appear the whole idea is retarded.  Can anyone think of a good defensive team that’s assembled the way the Ducks are ? This isn’t a blue print for success.  

I don’t really understand how a guy like Megna is worse then Bieksa or Beauchmin.  At least let the player fail and grow and see what we’ve got.   We aren’t losing anything with the 2 worthless veterans.  They’re terrible.  Megna isn’t worse.  In fact, I thought he had as many good games as bad when he was playing in the first month or so that he got some ice.  That he was expose to waivers is absolutely ridiculous.  The Ducks utterly lack d men that we need that possess Megna’s skill set. 

What do I know I guess 

What's sad right now, is I'd rather have Holzer in than the 2 cones.  Megna would be an upgrade because his D style is to protect the front of the net.  He won't go into the corners and try to fish the puck out when there is already someone in the corner trying to fish the puck out.  A lot of time, if there is a puck in the corner, we will send 2 or 3 guys.  Simple math, if they have one guy, and you send 2 guys to try and get the puck, or they have 2 guys, and you send 3, that leaves 1 guy wide open.  

And I wouldn't say the D is awful.  But it's as weak as the weakest link.  And when one of those cones are playing over 18 minutes, and the other over 15 minutes, the D will be bad.  The only good thing is the third cone is playing less than 9 minutes.  

27 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Every game on this road trip has made our prospects look bleaker and bleaker.  Murray can’t afford to wait for the deadline imo.  The team is not consistent and is a disaster defensively.  We need to decide if we’re going for it this year or not.  And we need to figure it out quickly.  

Like I’ve said before.  If the Ducks don’t make the playoffs.  Both Murray and Carlyle have to go.  This is Bob Murray’s mess.  It shouldn’t be Carlyle that gets the blame.  But he’s Murray’s guy and should go with him. 

Just wait till we get rolled by the Sabres tonight.  I'm sure there will be a closed door meeting, and turning of pages.

30 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. GMBM has no offensive talent evaluation skill when it comes to prospects. Okay, maybe some but far and few between. Along with handing out NTCs and NMCs like they're a fan giveaway doesn't help either. This team desperately needs another young star to pair with Rakell for the future. We hope its Steel or Terry but that's not for certain of course. The Ducks are in such a bad spot. Granted, a full healthy season and we're probably right there with Vegas atop of the Pacific so I don't want to panic TOO much but the signs are there. This team's core is getting older. Something has to give. 

11 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

What's sad right now, is I'd rather have Holzer in than the 2 cones.  Megna would be an upgrade because his D style is to protect the front of the net.  He won't go into the corners and try to fish the puck out when there is already someone in the corner trying to fish the puck out.  A lot of time, if there is a puck in the corner, we will send 2 or 3 guys.  Simple math, if they have one guy, and you send 2 guys to try and get the puck, or they have 2 guys, and you send 3, that leaves 1 guy wide open.  

And I wouldn't say the D is awful.  But it's as weak as the weakest link.  And when one of those cones are playing over 18 minutes, and the other over 15 minutes, the D will be bad.  The only good thing is the third cone is playing less than 9 minutes.  

You should definitely say the D is awful, GB. Lindholm has taken a huge step back this season. Manson, I'll actually admit he's improved although he still makes a boneheaded play here and there. Fowler's offense has started to show with the apples. Defensively though, I believe he's been a bit down but that's also due to his D partner, KB3. KB3 and Beauch not only take up 2 spots they shouldn't even be in but they're bringing down 2 young star D men too in Fowler and Montour.

4 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

You should definitely say the D is awful, GB. Lindholm has taken a huge step back this season. Manson, I'll actually admit he's improved although he still makes a boneheaded play here and there. Fowler's offense has started to show with the apples. Defensively though, I believe he's been a bit down but that's also due to his D partner, KB3. KB3 and Beauch not only take up 2 spots they shouldn't even be in but they're bringing down 2 young star D men too in Fowler and Montour.

Should the Ducks try a primary 4 on D and relegate the cones to 4th line matchup 5 minutes a game?  shouldn't a Fowler/Manson and Montour/Lindholm (going on R/L combination and one puck carrier in each group) be considered?  It's just frustrating that RC will shuffle the O on a whim.  But the D are just sucking it up because of well veterans.

And the most frustrating thing is the 2 cones are absolutely worthless.  They take up cap space, they take up ice time, and they both have zero trade value.  What's even more hilarious about this, is that they didn't ask Bieska to waive his NMC clause, and lost Theodore because of it.

Here's a look at how the starting 6 are doing defensively via Corsi/Fenwick. Note this is just even strength. I don't have the strength to look at PK/PP numbers.

Beauch- 46.7/48.3

Bieksa- 44.4/44.3

Fowler- 47.8/48.4

Holzer- 45.1/46.7

Lindholm- 53.3/53.6

Manson- 50.9/51.5

Montour- 48.0/48.0

Megna- 44.4/43.0

Obviously this isn't the end all be all but my God... Only having 1 pairing in the + is disturbing. Bieksa is so so so so bad but even worse is Carlyle putting him in high leverage situations and with the extra man on. WHY IS HE ON THE ICE WHEN YOU NEED TO SCORE?! That's something Carlyle truly needs to answer for. There's no reason that guy should be on the ice when we're chasing goals. Fowler's Corsi is down 2% this season and you can absolutely attribute that to Bieksa.

16 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Should the Ducks try a primary 4 on D and relegate the cones to 4th line matchup 5 minutes a game?  shouldn't a Fowler/Manson and Montour/Lindholm (going on R/L combination and one puck carrier in each group) be considered?  It's just frustrating that RC will shuffle the O on a whim.  But the D are just sucking it up because of well veterans.

And the most frustrating thing is the 2 cones are absolutely worthless.  They take up cap space, they take up ice time, and they both have zero trade value.  What's even more hilarious about this, is that they didn't ask Bieska to waive his NMC clause, and lost Theodore because of it.

They can maybe run 4 D primarily in the playoffs for a bit but that's just way too much to ask for. We'd need to clone Duncan Keith a few times to make that happen hah.

Mystery.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2018/02/minor-transactions-020618.html

Minor Transactions: 02/06/18

AT  CDT | BY  LEAVE A COMMENT

• According to the AHL transaction page, the Anaheim Ducks have recalled Nicolas Kerdiles from the minor leagues, though it is unclear what the corresponding move is to make room for him. Kerdiles has played in just two games for the Ducks this season, but has 19 points in 23 games for the AHL’s San Diego Gulls.

Maybe a cone got dealt?  Or maybe we'll just waive someone to the minors to have them claimed for nothing by some team.  

5 hours ago, HaloCory22 said:

Here's a look at how the starting 6 are doing defensively via Corsi/Fenwick. Note this is just even strength. I don't have the strength to look at PK/PP numbers.

Beauch- 46.7/48.3

Bieksa- 44.4/44.3

Fowler- 47.8/48.4

Holzer- 45.1/46.7

Lindholm- 53.3/53.6

Manson- 50.9/51.5

Montour- 48.0/48.0

Megna- 44.4/43.0

Obviously this isn't the end all be all but my God... Only having 1 pairing in the + is disturbing. Bieksa is so so so so bad but even worse is Carlyle putting him in high leverage situations and with the extra man on. WHY IS HE ON THE ICE WHEN YOU NEED TO SCORE?! That's something Carlyle truly needs to answer for. There's no reason that guy should be on the ice when we're chasing goals. Fowler's Corsi is down 2% this season and you can absolutely attribute that to Bieksa.

And yet during the offseason, when we signed Beach for depth some people were saying we don't need him because we have Megna...

Lindolm is so good.