• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

I know you guys have your gripes about Carlyle, but the one thing that really burns me about him this season is his playing time distribution at goalie. All this talk about 1A and 1B, plus knowing the history of Gibson, why was there not a regular playing schedule for Miller. What Gibson has is probably similar to a relief pitcher with elbow issues. It's the excessive repetitiveness that gets them, not the last couple appearances. 

I don't want to hear any of the BS that's sure to be coming from RC and BM. He shouldn't have been played so much.

4 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I know you guys have your gripes about Carlyle, but the one thing that really burns me about him this season is his playing time distribution at goalie. All this talk about 1A and 1B, plus knowing the history of Gibson, why was there not a regular playing schedule for Miller. What Gibson has is probably similar to a relief pitcher with elbow issues. It's the excessive repetitiveness that gets them, not the last couple appearances. 

I don't want to hear any of the BS that's sure to be coming from RC and BM. He shouldn't have been played so much.

I would agree.  Miller Time should have been getting at least one start a week.  Especially with the insane amount of work Gibson took the first 1/4 of the season when everyone was hurt.  Of course MIller was hurt then, but there is no excuse now.

So Anaheim Calling, the SB Nation page for the Ducks with some really good writers on there have been doing a trade value analysis segment but today they posted 4 or 5 trades they'd like to see happen and could possibly be done. The one that stood out to me and I want this done ASAP if possible. 2018 first round pick, Kase, Larsson for Max-Pac. His contract is insanely team friendly for the production and he's exactly what we've needed for years. A top line LW that shoots left and scores at will. If we could pull that off. Oh man!

I agree with @nate.  Larsson is going to be key next season on the D.  And we also do have Eaves who hopefully makes it back.  Kase has also been pretty big on the third line, making that line a legitimate threat whenever they are on the ice.  And a 1st, Kase, and Larsson would be a lot to give up, even if it was Pacioretty.  

But Silfverberg in a trade scenario wouldn't surprise me.  He's kind of been disappointing.  He looked better in last nights game.  But since going onto the offensive roll, really hasn't shown it.  Kase to me has leapfrogged over him.  And Brown has shown that he can handle his role on the Kesler line.  And considering Silfverberg is a UFA in 2019-20 season.  Now might be a good time to sell to get someone young and good.  

Just my opinion.  But on the top line, you don't need someone really good.  You just need someone that can fit the role.  And IMO, Maroon would be that guy.  He camps in front of the net and would come at a cheap price, like a 4th round pick.  He's pretty much Eaves Lite.  

Ya I definitely agree that it’s tough to move Larrson if we aren’t getting a top 6 d man back. Max Pac is definitely a guy we should be targeting though.  Not sure about Pat Maroon.  I think he really fits in that system over there in Edmonton and with their personnel.  The last year of his stint in Anaheim was pretty fucking bad.  Like atrocious.  We have basically the same guys so if we’re serious about being buyers I don’t know that i have a lot of confidence in Maroon to fill the top 6 hole that we have.  Also have felt that we should move on from Silvferberg for a while. 

Imo the Ducks desperately need another defensive d man with size that can move adequately (which may be a reason for us to look at swapping Larsson.  We don’t need that type of player particularly imo we’ve got several already)  That may be higher priority then the forward now incredibly.  The situation with Beauchmin and Bieksa is that bad.  We all know we need the forward badly as well. 

Edited by UndertheHalo