• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Be Honest...

Has there been even one series this year where you looked at the series preview and genuinely felt the pitching match-ups favored the Angels? For most of this season it's felt like the team has gone into the bottom of the first already behind..  

It starts with the rotation and this is the weakest its been in a generation.  The really funny part is there will be Angels fans who think the solution next winter will be to sign Headley to play 3b.

We do suck.  I was optimistic for a turn around last year.  I am not optimistic this year.  The reason, last year we had an offense struggling that you knew would come around.  This year our starting pitching was suspect going in and it is suspect now.  Our bullpen still is the worst in the majors after three years.  I just don't see how we will improve the pitching.

We do suck.  I was optimistic for a turn around last year.  I am not optimistic this year.  The reason, last year we had an offense struggling that you knew would come around.  This year our starting pitching was suspect going in and it is suspect now.  Our bullpen still is the worst in the majors after three years.  I just don't see how we will improve the pitching.

I don't mind if the pitching sucks (ok, of course I do - especially given our rotation just last year)...

...but where are the 9-7 games we're supposed to be winning.  Where??!!

I can't name one aspect of their play right now that I can say the manager has them prepared for.

And if we don't start with Fatty, then when exactly should a manager be let go?

Has there been even one series this year where you looked at the series preview and genuinely felt the pitching match-ups favored the Angels? For most of this season it's felt like the team has gone into the bottom of the first already behind..  

It starts with the rotation and this is the weakest its been in a generation.  The really funny part is there will be Angels fans who think the solution next winter will be to sign Headley to play 3b.

No, after Weaver it was pretty obvious this was one of the worst Rotations in the league

Silverliving: the Angels are playing the Astros this week (Tue.-Thursday). If "good" CJ shows up, the Angels will have the pitching advantage in two of the three games. Hopefully, the offense shows up for that series. 

It will be more like a tin lining when they lose that series.

The sad reality is that this pitching staff lacks the anchors it always had in the past.   The team goes into a series HOPING to steal a game and survive others.  After more than a decade of expecting to win, they are playing like a team that is hoping to catch breaks...  and it shows.   The aggressiveness is gone because they are all afraid to screw up, the pitching staff that served as a safety net is gone.

This team knows it can't rely on it's pitching for anything.