• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

2 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Took the family to Dollywood a couple summers ago in East Tennessee. Some sort of heat record or something the day we went. We survived and we had a great time there that day. Days like that aren’t enjoyable, but it’s not miserable unless you’re a pussy. There’s lots of ways to stay cool on days like that. And days like that aren’t even close to every day. 

There’s a true four seasons here, and it’s great. I prefer that over a perpetual 80 degrees

Dollywood eh?

8 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Took the family to Dollywood a couple summers ago in East Tennessee. Some sort of heat record or something the day we went. We survived and we had a great time there that day. Days like that aren’t enjoyable, but it’s not miserable unless you’re a pussy. There’s lots of ways to stay cool on days like that. And days like that aren’t even close to every day. 

There’s a true four seasons here, and it’s great. I prefer that over a perpetual 80 degrees

I'm glad you survived your trip to Dollywood.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Dollywood eh?

He should have just said he was looking for other closeted dudes that failed to provide for their families and that he knows he’s a disappointment to his wife.

Personally I don’t think that’s a fair assessment but you know chicks. All bitches.

7 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

That Dolly sure is a good business woman

I have a lot of respect for her. She was one of the first prominent country stars to become an ally for the LGBTQ+ community.

13 hours ago, Taylor said:

Sounds like all the red states that account for 1.5% of the nation's GDP but claim 65% of the government services budget.

Sounds like a dunce is making shit up again.

27 minutes ago, Jay said:

Sounds like a dunce is making shit up again.

I was being hyperbolic, but the general thesis is true.

https://www.moneygeek.com/living/states-most-reliant-federal-government/

KEY FINDINGS:

7 of the 10 states most dependent on the federal government were Republican-voting, with the average red state receiving $1.05 per dollar spent.

Twenty-nine states sent more to the federal government than they received, compared to just nine states in 2021.

Of the states that sent more than they received, 52% were Democrat-voting and 48% were Republican-voting.

New Mexico had the highest return on federal spending of any state ($3.69), and Delaware had the lowest ($0.32).

New Mexico is the biggest outlier.

Screenshot_20240109_085102_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9890c797cd58485e1e59e27f73f87e36.jpg

On 1/8/2024 at 8:46 PM, Make Angels Great Again said:

Wouldn’t come back if I could. Because that means I could get a fucking kingdom out here.

Enjoy your coffee being served to you by some chick with a cock named blaze.

Don’t shit on blaze. He uses that cock to make designs in your latte. 

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/google-lays-off-hundreds-of-employees-overnight/amp/

News of the layoff broke overnight when hundreds of Google’s employees lost corporate access and then received notice that their roles had been eliminated completely. 

This shit has become more of the normal now, no advance notice but employees find out by their card key not working on the doors. Warner Bros fired an entire casting crew by moving to a new building but not giving the employees an access card. They all showed up for work only to be told they were locked out and contact HR. Their termination wasn't even emailed to them over the weekend. 

No advance notice is a dick move. It gives employees no reason to have any loyalty and bail without notice since it is now an established protocol. The silent quitting is simply reaction to corporations that do silent layoffs.

I don't blame anyone these days for simply quitting without notice when they've reached their break point. I almost did it last season when my working hours to do a show completion was cut 60% by some entity at Warner Bros that thought they could arbitrarily cut post costs at the end delivery point with no regard to processing time. They ended up paying more by fracturing the post timeline. 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

This shit has become more of the normal now, no advance notice but employees find out by their card key not working on the doors.

That is a bit harsh. Last time I was affected by a big layoff was about 20 years ago when the company I worked for shut down a whole division. We weren't locked out, we were told to attend an "all hands" meeting at which time they gave us the bad news. There wasn't much notice beyond that. Everyone got some sort of severance package and were allowed to clear out their office. Personally I got a six-month package but I was already working at another job within two weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 9:32 AM, Blarg said:

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/google-lays-off-hundreds-of-employees-overnight/amp/

News of the layoff broke overnight when hundreds of Google’s employees lost corporate access and then received notice that their roles had been eliminated completely. 

This shit has become more of the normal now, no advance notice but employees find out by their card key not working on the doors. Warner Bros fired an entire casting crew by moving to a new building but not giving the employees an access card. They all showed up for work only to be told they were locked out and contact HR. Their termination wasn't even emailed to them over the weekend. 

No advance notice is a dick move. It gives employees no reason to have any loyalty and bail without notice since it is now an established protocol. The silent quitting is simply reaction to corporations that do silent layoffs.

I don't blame anyone these days for simply quitting without notice when they've reached their break point. I almost did it last season when my working hours to do a show completion was cut 60% by some entity at Warner Bros that thought they could arbitrarily cut post costs at the end delivery point with no regard to processing time. They ended up paying more by fracturing the post timeline. 

Capitalism, bro.