• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Cameron Maybin

Outside of last year, Maybin has never had a good season with the bat. Plus, his BABIP was close to .400, and his career high in BABIP was like .330, so you expect a lot of regression. But he'll still get a lot playing time even if he doesn't have a good year with his bat because he's always had a good glove and has good speed as well. I guess it's just Spring Training.

And I remember this guy named "Mike Trout" who's struggles lasted during the early part of the regular season last year and he turned out to be okay, winning another AL MVP.

I wouldn't expect .315/.383/.418 again, but for chrissakes, it is ST. If ST stats meant anything, Albert Pujols would be hitting .300/.900 every year.

My prediction for Maybin is that he hits somewhere in the .270-.280+ range, has an OBP around .350-.360, and slugs .380-.400. Let's say he hits .275/.355/.390...that's a solid leadoff hitter and much better than what we've had for a few years.

Even if he regresses to career norms and hits .259/.322/.373, he's at least a warm body who isn't completely sucking the life out of the lineup. In that case he'll be pushed to the bottom of the lineup and either Escobar or Valbuena will leadoff, or possibly Revere platoons with him. Again, it depends upon expectations: Don't expect him to be Brett Butler and you won't be disappointed.

2 hours ago, CALZONE said:

Like I said....Snoop Dogg better get hitting. The fact that he was such an easy player to acquire was very questionable. It was like Detroit said......

Wow they're taking his entire contract and gave us a prospect.

IMG_5791.JPG

Please post links to where "Detroit" said that.

He was pretty good for most of the season in 2015 with the Braves...faded late...so he's had some success in the last 2 years,...keep him fresh with Revere...or bench him if he struggles....Revere signing was a good deal....I really like having them both...

If I had a dollar for every guy who looked like the second coming of Ted Williams in Spring Training and turned into the second coming of Brandon Wood once the season started, I'd have a whole heap of dollars. If he regresses back to his norm, they should be okay because I have a feeling Revere is going to return back to his norm. One thing this offense does have is depth. Lighten up, Francis.

9 hours ago, CALZONE said:

Like I said....Snoop Dogg better get hitting. The fact that he was such an easy player to acquire was very questionable.

Yea, remember how hard it was to acquire Eckstein?  Remember that haul Colorado got from us for Figgins?  The perception of how easy or difficult a player was to acquire is silly.