• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New Blog entry by Victor Rojas

Chuck

Today is Valentine’s Day and while over the years I’ve been able to avoid buying into this contrived ‘holiday,’ the saving grace in our household is the fact it falls when pitchers and catchers report to spring training.  Today, of all days, is the day the Angels (not cherubs) report to Tempe.

At Tempe Diablo Stadium, many new faces will be donning the ‘A’ for the first time in their careers.  While we were hibernating for 5 plus months, Angels GM Billy Eppler has been beyond busy turning over a roster from a season ago that saw his team not reach the playoffs and finish with a 74-88 mark.  While there wasn’t the headline-grabbing moves fans love to see during the off-season (“winning” the off-season is overrated, you don’t get any trophies for it), Eppler has meticulously shaped this roster to fit his & the organization’s philosophy going forward.

More:

https://therojasspoils.wordpress.com/2017/02/14/lets-get-it-on/

Love the last part about Weaver! Despite his eroding performance I will miss the man, the leader, and the player that he was for the team. If this was his last time as an Angel he immediately, in my mind, retires into that group of revered, gritty, Angels players of the past that we all know and love.

Best to Jered and his family! Thanks for everything you did to make this team fight for every inning of every game!

13 minutes ago, ettin said:

Love the last part about Weaver! Despite his eroding performance I will miss the man, the leader, and the player that he was for the team. If this was his last time as an Angel he immediately, in my mind, retires into that group of revered, gritty, Angels players of the past that we all know and love.

Best to Jered and his family! Thanks for everything you did to make this team fight for every inning of every game!

+1

I really hope he retires so he can retire a lifer Angel like Salmon. 

18 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

+1

I really hope he retires so he can retire a lifer Angel like Salmon. 

How about a Tim Salmon and Weaver comparison.

Neither posted 300 home runs over their career. Salmon 299, Weaver 246

Salmon has fewer strikeouts 1360 to Weavers 1598.

Salmon had more walks 970 than Weaver 539

Salmon had fewer hits 1674 to Weavers 1861

Salmon had more runs 986 to Weaver 838

Salmon's career OPS+ was 128, Weavers ERA+ 113

Salmon had 7,039 plate appearences,  Weaver faced 8,340 batters