• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official "Best Shape of my Life" thread...

Chuck

First one that I came across this winter...

Keep a running tally here AW. I don't know why I find these so funny. :)

James McCann told reporters Sunday that he is "in the best shape of my life."

It's that time of year, people. McCann said he spent the offseason committed to getting healthier, and it apparently shows. The 26-year-old catcher batted .221/.272/.358 with 12 home runs and 48 RBI in 105 games last season for the Tigers. We should naturally see some improvement in 2017.

Source: Jennifer Hammond on Twitter

2 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

I'm definitely not in the best shape of my life

Same here! 

After 3 1/2 months of bulking up & heavy lifting through the winter months my first time back on the treadmill & cardio program the other day and I thought I was going to die. 

And then there is this:

Home Home Angels Say Mike Scioscia is in the Worst Shape of His Life

Angels Say Mike Scioscia is in the Worst Shape of His Life

scioscia halohangoutLos Angeles Angels players and coaches say manager Mike Scioscia has reported to spring training in horrible shape, some calling it “the worst shape of his life.”

“He probably put 10 to 15 pounds of fat on this offseason,” said pitching coach Charlie Nagy. “I don’t know what he was eating, but it really stuck with him.”

Outfielder Mike Trout agreed and said he hardly even recognized his manager when he first saw him this week at the team’s Tempe spring training facility.

“He’s just billowing out of his uniform,” said Trout. “He completely transformed his body and he was pretty doughy to begin with.”

Scioscia said he didn’t do anything special this offseason to get his new form.

“I think that was kind of the cause,” he said. “I did absolutely nothing. Lots of sitting down. Lots of inactivity. Basically I was training for what I do during the long baseball season. You don’t want to be active in the offseason and then suddenly sit around from February through October. It’s not good for your body. I’ve never felt more prepared physically to manage a baseball team.”

2 hours ago, NJHalo said:

And then there is this:

scioscia halohangoutLos Angeles Angels players and coaches say manager Mike Scioscia has reported to spring training in horrible shape, some calling it “the worst shape of his life.”

“He probably put 10 to 15 pounds of fat on this offseason,” said pitching coach Charlie Nagy. “I don’t know what he was eating, but it really stuck with him.”

Outfielder Mike Trout agreed and said he hardly even recognized his manager when he first saw him this week at the team’s Tempe spring training facility.

“He’s just billowing out of his uniform,” said Trout. “He completely transformed his body and he was pretty doughy to begin with.”

“I think that was kind of the cause,” he said. “I did absolutely nothing. Lots of sitting down. Lots of inactivity. Basically I was training for what I do during the long baseball season. You don’t want to be active in the offseason and then suddenly sit around from February through October. It’s not good for your body. I’ve never felt more prepared physically to manage a baseball team.”

Fake news?

4 hours ago, NJHalo said:

And then there is this:

So now we can also call you a fatist?

Sonny Gray said Friday that he's worked with a personal trainer this offseason for the first time.

Does this qualify for Best Shape of His Life? Sure, why not. Gray also added that he's thrown a couple bullpen sessions and is feeling strong. The right-hander posted a very disappointing 5.69 ERA in 2016 and dealt with a forearm issue down the stretch, so he'll be looking to bounce back in 2017.