• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Just a reminder, Vin Scully's last game is on right now

for those who can't get KTLA and since MLB is foolishly not showing the game or blacking it out -- it's worth noting that Vin Scully is doing the entire game -- all nine innings or more if extras - as a simeulcast on radio as well --

normally he only does the first three innings on radio as a simeulcast -- but today's final game --  its all VIN as it should be,

a world without VIN calling Dodger baseball and doing either network games, ALL STAR games, post-season games........

it's a world I've never known and I'm no spring chicken.

as a kid growing up in grade school at our household we didn't really watch TV shows week day evenings during the baseball season -- instead my father would read the newspaper and I would do my homework all while listening to  Vin Scully (and Gerry Doggett) on a transistor radio......

NFL --?? What's that??

I may be the only person who pays little attention to the NFL -- even with the LA Rams back.

the NFL only attracts something like 95% of the available advertising dollars .

a few years ago, which means it's only gotten more lucrative than this, I read somewhere in the business page(s) that advertising spending on just a  typical current NFL Sunday is greater than what was spent on Super Bowl Sunday about a decade ago...........in other words........EVERY SUNDAY is Super Bowl Sunday for advertising revenue to the clubs.

no wonder we have Thursday night football..........

I'd rather watch the NHL.

He just told the story of the day he fell in love with baseball and the New York Giants.

October 2, 1936. Exactly 80 years ago today. Walking home from school, passing by a Chinese laundry and seeing the line score of the World Series game in the window. Yankees 18, Giants 4. He felt sorry for the Giants and they became his team.

That's the reason he decided to do these games this weekend when he looked at the schedule before the season.

SF Giants have really done the Vin tribute up really well.

The sad to watch part probably refers to seeing a frail Willie Mays joining Vin in the booth for the presentation of a plaque that will mark Vin's final broadcast in the visitor's broadcast booth at AT&T...........the great Willie Mays -- he has to be over 80 years old -- looked pretty frail -- had to sort of assisted and held to keep from falling by the almost 89 year old Scully.

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

He just told the story of the day he fell in love with baseball and the New York Giants.

October 2, 1936. Exactly 80 years ago today. Walking home from school, passing by a Chinese laundry and seeing the line score of the World Series game in the window. Yankees 18, Giants 4. He felt sorry for the Giants and they became his team.

That's the reason he decided to do these games this weekend when he looked at the schedule before the season.

Yeah, that was a great story, I really enjoyed it. I honestly think Vin could cover two more seasons––he seems very healthy for his age (knock on wood). 

Glad i saw this thread, woke up late and turned on the giants game to see it.

Hate the dodgers but always liked vin. Ran into him once, hes not all there anymore, but was still very polite and charismatic.

I dont watch the dodgers, occasionally listen to their games at work if the angels arent playing. Its gonna be weird to not hear that guy anymore.