• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Voting reminders

Glen

Just went to my poll worker training for the November election, so I have a few tips for those of you that vote (not looking at you, Adam).

1.  Verify your registration now.

2.  Vote by mail and avoid the polling stations.

3.  If you do go to a polling station, ask to vote electronically.  Throw a wrench in the system.  Electronic voting won't be mentioned unless you specifically ask, and we need to bring attention to how terrible our electronic voting is.  I know, I was a machine clerk in June and hope to be one again in November.

4.  Be polite to the people at the polling station.  It's gonna be a contentious election.  Don't make it any worse.  Don't be an asshole.  Nobody working at the polling station cares about whatever agenda you have.

5.  Bring us donuts.  We love that.  We're there from 6 am to 9 pm and we bring our own food for the most part, but we can't leave the station.  

6.  And finally, if you're a broad, wear something revealing.  Hell, if you're a dude, wear a tight shirt.  There's broads working there too.  Give us a little show.

13 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Most people working at polling stations have white stuff in the corner of their mouth and the grim reaper on standby.  You should fit right in.  

I know you're joking, but actually there are a lot of younger people doing it now.  Most of my class was younger than me.  Admittedly, I'm old, but yeah.  

Be polite to the people at the polling station.  It's gonna be a contentious election.  Don't make it any worse.  Don't be an asshole.  Nobody working at the polling station cares about whatever agenda you have.

Polling places in Texas they care about your agenda. I like going to vote with my daughters because some blue hair will see them and say you aren't  Democrats are you.  We are batting 1.000 so far. We are polite and get a kick out of it. 

Out here young girls they think unless you walk in with Justin boots and a spit cup you may be a Democrat. 

4 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Most people working at polling stations have white stuff in the corner of their mouth and the grim reaper on standby.  You should fit right in.  

Kathleen Madigan has a great joke about the people working at the polls:

"I voted for Taft! I'm with the Whig Party. We're making a comeback."