• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Michael Hermosillo (and other prospects)

When we talk of Angels prospects, Jahmai Jones, Matt Thaiss, Taylor Ward, and perhaps Brandon Marsh come most readily to mind. But one player who has been having what looks to be a bit of a breakout year is Michael Hermosillo, who at two levels (A/A+) has hit .325/.405/.475 at age 21 -- not bad at all. He probably won't be a star, but he seems to have a chance to be a major league regular, or at least a good platoon player/4th outfielder. Anyone seen him play?

Any other fringe or sleeper prospects to talk about?

He's been one of my sleeper prospects for a while. I was heading out to catch him for an interview today, but got held up and won't be able to make it before the game. I will try to get there on Saturday to get an interview with him. Anyone interested in meeting up? Alex Meyer is scheduled to start the game as well.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

When we talk of Angels prospects, Jahmai Jones, Matt Thaiss, Taylor Ward, and perhaps Brandon Marsh come most readily to mind. But one player who has been having what looks to be a bit of a breakout year is Michael Hermosillo, who at two levels (A/A+) has hit .325/.405/.475 at age 21 -- not bad at all. He probably won't be a star, but he seems to have a chance to be a major league regular, or at least a good platoon player/4th outfielder. Anyone seen him play?

Any other fringe or sleeper prospects to talk about?

Those Single-A stadiums aren't exactly SRO every night.

I've watched Herm a few times. He's shorter but also stockier than his listed height/weight. He has an explosive first step and strong legs. His build and general offensive game reminds me a little of Jean Segura. He has a short, compact swing and very good pull power. To other parts of the field it's more of a contact oriented approach. Defensively, he's always been solid. His arm has improved.

2 hours ago, Dave Saltzer said:

He's been one of my sleeper prospects for a while. I was heading out to catch him for an interview today, but got held up and won't be able to make it before the game. I will try to get there on Saturday to get an interview with him. Anyone interested in meeting up? Alex Meyer is scheduled to start the game as well.

TBW will be there

Besides the guys mentioned, I have been interested in the progress of this years draft class.  Lund, Zimm, Gibbons, Montgomery.  

There are a few foreign guys that have peaked my interest in Oliver Ortega, Leon Rivas, Jose Rodriguez, Luis Pena

Other guys 

Greyson Long, Kevin Grendell, Jared Foster, Middleton, Castillo (our steal from the Joe Smith trade), Alcantara, Scribner and I always check Sherm

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

Besides the guys mentioned, I have been interested in the progress of this years draft class.  Lund, Zimm, Gibbons, Montgomery.  

There are a few foreign guys that have peaked my interest in Oliver Ortega, Leon Rivas, Jose Rodriguez, Luis Pena

Other guys 

Greyson Long, Kevin Grendell, Jared Foster, Middleton, Castillo (our steal from the Joe Smith trade), Alcantara, Scribner and I always check Sherm

There are others, but here's another that I'm keeping track of, and will be posting an interview I did with . . . Jonah Wesely. There are several others.

19 hours ago, Dave Saltzer said:

Oh dude, get Alex Meyer too. 

Yeah Jonah Wesley is a guy I've been excited about for a while.  He just has to stay healthy.  He has a good head on his shoulders and pumps heat from the left side.  This kid is going to climb the ladder very quickly and will be a solid piece for the Angels pen for a long time.

We really do have a bright future in relief. 

Little known fact, Wesely wants to go back and get his degree and become a teacher after his long and extremely successful baseball career is over.  Like in 20 years.