• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roger Lodge goes on a rant!!!

gurn67

He's been going on and on all afternoon about how this team is unmotivated, doesn't play hard and should be embarrased by their lack of effort. In fact, the coach should be let go.

Of course, he's not talking about the team owned by the guy who signs his paycheck, he's talking about the Lakers.

Let me try to follow Lodge's "logic". The Lakers recovering from a historically bad start, not having a healthy Gasol or Nash all year, and losing their best player two games before the start of the playoffs is the coach's fault.

However, by Lodge's "logic", the Angels underachieving for 3+ seasons is not the coach's fault. He had Richard Justice on after one of Lakers' rants. The word "ridiculous" was used when talking about fans who call the show and want Scioscia replaced because, according to them, all Scioscia does is make out the daily lineup card. He has no effect on how the team performs on the field.

Since motivating your team to play at a high level is only a requirement in the NBA and not MLB, let me be the first of thousands of Angels' fans to volunteer, at no cost to Mr. Moreno, to make out the daily lineup card.

I cannot stand him. His personality and the sound of his voice get on my nerves. I'm sure he is a great guy but I can't stand to listen to him. His show is boring and his opinions do not seem fundamentally sound. I wish they would hire an informed sports analyst instead of a sports personality. I suppose that's what podcasts are for.

Stuff like that is the reason why AM830 is a glorified Angels/Scioscia propaganda network.

The fact there are people bending over backwards to defend Scioscia and the Angels is very telling. 

Roger Lodge's act would be redundant and unnecessary if Scioscia was such a wonderful manager.  Why?  Because Scioscia's words and actions would speak for themselves.  This is one of the oldest advertising tricks in the book.  Repetition creates persuasion, so by saying Scioscia is great over and over and over, or just whitewashing his faults, people start believing it despite evidence to the contrary. 

I remember going to a game earlier in the year when his "halo honk" night thing was going on. The Astros were killing us around the 6th inning and I went to the restroom, only to step out to see Lodge and his family on their way out of the stadium. Funny how absolutely nobody noticed him