• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It's time to sell...

Yep, Reagins was given a better team and a better farm.  He didn't do much with it.  I do agree this is much worse than any year in about 20 years.  Expensive players past their prime, lousy pen, injured staff, and a bunch of one dimensional players that aren't great at that one dimension.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Yep, Reagins was given a better team and a better farm.  He didn't do much with it.  I do agree this is much worse than any year in about 20 years.  Expensive players past their prime, lousy pen, injured staff, and a bunch of one dimensional players that aren't great at that one dimension.  

It's the least hopeful time of the Scioscia era, undoubtedly. Unless we completely rebuild our farm will still stink, but selling off Escobar and co certainly won't hurt.

I have a random thought. If instead of just waiting hoping for Pujols to retire early which more than likely won't happen or retire for good which can't come soon enough. Any thoughts on Arte eating yet another 100 million dollar contract. I mean he does do that a lot so can't that just happen again?

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

They don't have anything to sell that anybody wants. 

Except Calhoun but no one here wants to trade him. 

We are going to waste the good Calhoun years. Kole will be 33 years old by the time this team is fixed. He can bring in some nice prospects now.

5 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

We are going to waste the good Calhoun years. Kole will be 33 years old by the time this team is fixed. He can bring in some nice prospects now.

He will also be making 15+ million a year too. It makes no sense to keep Calhoun imo.

Are you saying the Angels are 5 years out from having a competitive team though? Cause Calhoun is only 28 right now.

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No reason to, he's not blocking anyone.  At this point I play and pray.  

Not even for the blocking everyone fact just so I don't have to see him anymore. It really is for my benefit and probably the rest of the fan bases benefit. I just don't really wanna see him in Angels red anymore. But ya back to the sell everything part. Please can the Angels just finally admit its a rebuild and cut bait. There is no prize for pretending theres a chance the next couple years. Gut rebuild replace trade everything that has value keep Trout till the final year of his contract and if you know he won't resign with the club before the start of the year you trade him for a haul and make your peace with the fact that the Angels had Trout at his peak.

4 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

He will also be making 15+ million a year too. It makes no sense to keep Calhoun imo.

Are you saying the Angels are 5 years out from having a competitive team though? Cause Calhoun is only 28 right now.

Yes we are 5 years out from being a serious contender. The situation is bad from top to bottom. Sporting News ranked our front office 29th overall. We have Trout and a lot crap.

8 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Not even for the blocking everyone fact just so I don't have to see him anymore. It really is for my benefit and probably the rest of the fan bases benefit. I just don't really wanna see him in Angels red anymore. But ya back to the sell everything part. Please can the Angels just finally admit its a rebuild and cut bait. There is no prize for pretending theres a chance the next couple years. Gut rebuild replace trade everything that has value keep Trout till the final year of his contract and if you know he won't resign with the club before the start of the year you trade him for a haul and make your peace with the fact that the Angels had Trout at his peak.

This ^^^^^

1 minute ago, CALZONE said:

Yes we are 5 years out from being a serious contender. The situation is bad from top to bottom. Sporting News ranked our front office 29th overall. We have Trout and a lot crap.

I haven't seen you suggest a full out rebuild, though. That's why i was surprised by you saying we're 5 years out. 

If Richards never got hurt, he'd be a prime candidate to trade as well. I mean, as it stands, he won't be back until 2018 and will be entering his age 30 season. He's had 1.5 good years of production. He'll be a FA after 2018 and I wouldn't want to commit big money to him for such little production + recent TJS under his belt. Hopefully he can pitch well in 2018 and they can sell him for a good return.

Just now, bloodbrother said:

If Richards never got hurt, he'd be a prime candidate to trade as well. I mean, as it stands, he won't be back until 2018 and will be entering his age 30 season. He's had 1.5 good years of production. He'll be a FA after 2018 and I wouldn't want to commit big money to him for such little production + recent TJS under his belt. Hopefully he can pitch well in 2018 and they can sell him for a good return.

Richards, Heaney and Skaggs getting hurt really destroyed our hopes of restocking the team quickly. Now I think the only option is a full rebuild.

Just now, bloodbrother said:

Plus we'll end up paying him a bit more than $20 million for the time he is injured plus his final season with us. That's not bad enough to warrant non-tendering him but it is very annoying.

4 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I haven't seen you suggest a full out rebuild, though. That's why i was surprised by you saying we're 5 years out. 

I've seen enough to convince me that this team needs to head in a whole new direction. Trout won't be breaking any postseason records anytime soon. Pathetic that the #1 ranked player in baseball can't even sniff a wild card in June.

1 minute ago, CALZONE said:

I've seen enough to convince me that this team needs to head in a whole new direction. Trout won't be breaking any postseason records anytime soon. Pathetic that the #1 ranked player in baseball can't even sniff a wild card in June.

Best player to ever play for this franchise and they'll have blundered his entire tenure here thanks to bad FO management/ownership

29 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

They don't have anything to sell that anybody wants. 

Except Calhoun but no one here wants to trade him. 

Escobar, Soto when he comes back, Shoemaker,  maybe Lincecum (although last start wasn't good).  F'n sucks Wilson never came baxk....I was hoping he would have pitched well and we could have dumped him.

Can't think of anyone elese...unless Santiago comes through with a few hot starts.