• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels 2016 Draft Signings

Zack Gibbons and Cody Ramer are signed and assigned to Orem.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=l_trn&lid=128&sid=t519

So......

The Final Five Unsigned:

High School
#13    Anthony Molina    R/R    6-5    180    10/06/97    RHP     HS
#28    David Hamilton    L/R    5-11    167    09/29/97    SS         HS
#30    Robbie Peto        R/R    6-4    185    07/10/98    RHP     HS

Other
#18    David Oppenheim    # L/R    6-0    195    09/27/93    OF         SR
#22    Troy Rallings         R/R    6-2    215    03/01/94    RHP     SR

On July 8, 2016 at 10:41 PM, Dochalo said:

11-14 were all higher ceiling guys again 

then it was a run of college guys who really excelled, mostly at lesser programs vs. lesser competition.  

17. Arizona

18. usc

19. Arizona

20. Miss St

22. Washington 

23. Notre Dame 

i agree?

1 minute ago, Lou said:

17. Arizona

18. usc

19. Arizona

20. Miss St

22. Washington 

23. Notre Dame 

i agree?

univ of buffalo

jefferson college

unc greensboro

kennessaw st. 

howard college

seton hall 

sam houston

univ of arkansas fayetteville 

u illinois champaign

vanguard 

east texas baptist

salem state college

mostly dude.  mostly.  

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

"then it was a run on" dude. run on.

(I listed 6 of the following 9 picks)

dr dude 

'then it was a run on college dudes who really excelled' 

33 of our final 36 picks were college dudes.   the six you listed qualify to the first part of my phrase

'mostly at lesser programs vs. lesser competition'

you listed 6 big time programs.  I listed 12 lesser programs that faced lesser competition.  there were others I didn't list as well.  

most of the 33 college players we drafted out of our last 36 picks were from lesser programs facing lesser competition.  

my real point was that we targeted players who did really well regardless of where they played and who they played against.  we could have gone after guys who weren't standouts at bigger programs but we didn't - for the most part.  

On 7/10/2016 at 1:09 AM, Dochalo said:

'then it was a run on college dudes who really excelled' 

33 of our final 36 picks were college dudes.   the six you listed qualify to the first part of my phrase

'mostly at lesser programs vs. lesser competition'

you listed 6 big time programs.  I listed 12 lesser programs that faced lesser competition.  there were others I didn't list as well.  

most of the 33 college players we drafted out of our last 36 picks were from lesser programs facing lesser competition.  

my real point was that we targeted players who did really well regardless of where they played and who they played against.  we could have gone after guys who weren't standouts at bigger programs but we didn't - for the most part.  

what if we win 6 in a row (i said what if!) in the beginning of July, win every other game for a 6 weeks, then win 15 of 18 in september.

" the angels lost 6 in a row then went on a run of winning games "

accurate?

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

what if we win 6 in a row (i said what if!) in the beginning of July, win every other game for a 6 weeks, then win 15 of 18 in september.

" the angels lost 6 in a row then went on a run of winning games "

accurate?

sure.  but your analogy only includes two parameters.  Wins and time.  there were three parameters in my statement.  (college guys, picks, and programs)

a more appropriate analogy would be where we won 6 games in a row in early july by more than 2 runs.  and then won every game for six weeks and 15 of 18 in september by less than 2 runs.  

we went on a run of wins.  most of those wins coming by less than 2 run.  

again, I was discussing halos draft strategy in that I think we targeted players who excelled regardless of program as opposed to picking guys that were lesser players at big programs IN GENERAL.  

what are you trying to be right about?  making me wrong?  

that's gonna be pretty tough considering that my original statement is accurate.   

If you want to parse up how we drafted further and apply some level of significance to those six picks being at bigger schools then great.  I would love to hear your thoughts on how that relates to our draft strategy.  

41 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Today is the deadline.   I am assuming that Molina is going to college, since the Halos pretty much only have 13th round slot money remaining for him.

Don't they have like $200-300k extra before they lose a pick? Aren't they basically at the pool money now and get 5% before they hit the puck limit? Maybe I'm imagining that. 

Even if they have that money it might not be enough. $300-400k is nothing to sneeze at but after taxes and advisor fees it's much less. The guy has talent and if he keeps his nose clean could make much more money after one year in JC. I hope he signs but it could be worth the risk to try again.