• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Carlos Perez: Our Hispanic Jeff Mathis

Chuck

8 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

In regards to mathis, we can joke and laugh about him. And his numbers suck. But hes still playing...honestly, theres something to that (which i have no clue what it is). But baseball seems to like something about him, it wasnt just sosh

Nobody else started him.

6 hours ago, Michifan said:

Uh, did you forget how he was last year? You can look at his 2015 stats if you forgot. His OPS+ last year was his worst since 2010 and quite a bit below his career average. Hence, why, as I recall, the board was clamoring for Perez. 

So a guy having one bad season in three (the other three being three of his top seasons) = catchers declining for the Angels...     Brilliant...

Shocking that while Mathis got consecutive starts - Perez had to rotate with Soto. When a hitter can't get into the flow by playing in a constant fashion...hitting skills drop.

Platooning blows...but The Mad Genius thinks it's ok. Now that Perez is an every day-er...his batting will improve.

And when he gets 3 hits, Scioscia will bench him in favor of Jett Bandy.

8 hours ago, JoJo26 said:

Shocking that while Mathis got consecutive starts - Perez had to rotate with Soto. When a hitter can't get into the flow by playing in a constant fashion...hitting skills drop.

Platooning blows...but The Mad Genius thinks it's ok. Now that Perez is an every day-er...his batting will improve.

And when he gets 3 hits, Scioscia will bench him in favor of Jett Bandy.

Ignore the fact that Soto was actually hitting.  He was our 3rd or 4th best hitter.  Oh and all teams that don't have a Buster Posey "platoon" catchers.  Find something you understand and bitch about that.  

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Ignore the fact that Soto was actually hitting.  He was our 3rd or 4th best hitter.  Oh and all teams that don't have a Buster Posey "platoon" catchers.  Find something you understand and bitch about that.  

Perez will probably get three hits in the game before he's already scheduled to have the next game off. Hilarity will ensue on the board. 

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

Duh, let me see if I can figure this out myself....ummmm

Carlos Perez is only 25....he can handle everyday stuff.

Posey is 29 in his 7th season...The Giants are attempting to spell his legs...going the Joe Mauer treatment...or Mike Napoli....am I sayin' this right? Keeping him healthy? It's simple really...and I'll bitch about it if I want to...

Soto is 33...12th big league season...over 750 games. Perez is a pup...and he has batting skills. 

Mathis had a reverse slump....If Carew or Brett hit a bad patch...it'd be a couple weeks...then back to normal - But Mathis? He sucked his entire career with the exception of his reverse slump vs. NY in '09 playoffs. 

But, duh...I don't know nuthin'... 930054554b.png

49 minutes ago, JoJo26 said:

Duh, let me see if I can figure this out myself....ummmm

Carlos Perez is only 25....he can handle everyday stuff.

Posey is 29 in his 7th season...The Giants are attempting to spell his legs...going the Joe Mauer treatment...or Mike Napoli....am I sayin' this right? Keeping him healthy? It's simple really...and I'll bitch about it if I want to...

Soto is 33...12th big league season...over 750 games. Perez is a pup...and he has batting skills. 

Mathis had a reverse slump....If Carew or Brett hit a bad patch...it'd be a couple weeks...then back to normal - But Mathis? He sucked his entire career with the exception of his reverse slump vs. NY in '09 playoffs. 

But, duh...I don't know nuthin'... 930054554b.png

I agree