• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How about this? Escobar to DH, Cowart to 3B

Offensive production was never expected from 2b and LF.

That's not why we suck offensively

I disagree. Nava/Gentry was expected to do more than this.

And I would take Gia being on a similar offensive pace that he was on last year.

Why should we just write off two positions? Even IF/WHEN both Trout and Albert get going, it's not enough to carry a club, day in and day out. Besides, they will eventually slump again.

Even with the recent fireworks by Soto, we are not good, offensively, at catcher, either. About middle of the pack at DH.

Plenty of blame to go around, besides Trout and Albert.

I think the big thing that's typically missing is that the Angels have rarely ever clicked at once as an offense. This is disconcerting because anyone that watches other teams play realizes that it's not uncommon for an entire team to swing well for a stretch of time, and they'll do that probably 4-5 times a year.

The Angels, it's usually once a year and it happens right before the all-star break, and then they come out of break cold again. I want to say this has happened 3 of the last 4 years.

Right now, Simmons is settling in, Trout is finding his timing, Calhoun is ripping the ball and Escobar looks locked in. But Albert, Cron, Gia, Perez and LF are all cold. Next thing you know, it'll switch.

But when this offense is firing on all cylinders, they can hit with the best teams in baseball.

Another troubling inconsistency is pitching. Right now we're pitching reasonably well, but once they start hitting....

I'm glad Pujols is finally healthy this year coming off that surgery.

That .158/.238/.519 slash line looks solid.

But who cares, he has 2 HR and 10 RBI's already.

And let's face it, HR and RBI's are all that matter.

Said nobody ever

The free agent with no draft pick attached that ended up signing a 3yr deal, with an opt out after 1, that Arte just couldn't afford is hitting .291/.371/.636/1.007. He also has 5 HR, and 13 RBI. Good thing we didn't sign Cespedes.

He wasn't signing that deal here

I disagree. Nava/Gentry was expected to do more than this.

And I would take Gia being on a similar offensive pace that he was on last year.

Why should we just write off two positions? Even IF/WHEN both Trout and Albert get going, it's not enough to carry a club, day in and day out. Besides, they will eventually slump again.

Even with the recent fireworks by Soto, we are not good, offensively, at catcher, either. About middle of the pack at DH.

Plenty of blame to go around, besides Trout and Albert.

I'm trying to figure out how your response was directed at my comment

I'm trying to figure out how your response was directed at my comment

Probably because your post made no sense, lou.

Going by your line of reasoning.

If nothing was expected from the entire offense, then there wouldn't be a reason for us sucking offensively?

Edited by Mr. Meeseeks

I'm glad Pujols is finally healthy this year coming off that surgery.

That .158/.238/.519 slash line looks solid.

But who cares, he has 2 HR and 10 RBI's already.

And let's face it, HR and RBI's are all that matter.

I'm sure we'll be hearing about some mysterious injury that has plagued him all year and we will finally see the real pujols in 2017.

Looks like Kubitza is back hitting better than Cowart.  It should also be noted that after Kubitza had a few games at 2B, they slotted him back over at 3B and have given Coward the last couple games at 2B.  It's probably nothing, but it could also be because Giavotella is struggling and they're considering bringing up Cowart to solve that issue.