• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Excellence - Part 2

Eric, you're missing the point. Just because the US is better at bladder cancer doesn't mean they're better at all facets of medicine, from different diseases to cost, efficiency, etc. That was the baseball analogy.

AJ, you are trying very hard to say you are not wrong. But you are.

I don't know how Blarg and his firsthand knowledge can compete with a few people who read a couple articles online and are clearly experts about a system they probably have no secondhand knowledge of in countries they've possibly never even been to.

Wouldn't all of us reading blarg's first hand knowledge online be the exact same as reading other's first hand knowledge online?

It might give validity to anything you wish to add to the discussion. Not that you would need to be a survivor of some physical malady to join in but bring something more than a snarky comment to move the discussion forward. At least Angels For Life is making an honest attempt to discuss the subject, regardless if I agree with him or not we can share information back and forth.

It's not a snarky comment. It's unfortunate that you saw it that way. It's a honest question as to how reading your experience differs in legitimacy from the experiences of others if all are read by strangers on the internet. It wasn't really directed towards you (hence me referring to you in third- and not second-person and quoting not your post but someone else's). You are certainly welcome to voice your opinion to or about the question but I don't really think anyone is confused as to the reason behind your view of legitimacy of your own experience. Or even those you personally know. But my question is, if someone doesn't personally know you (as is, I assume, the case with AFL and AJ) then how would reading your experience online differ in their mind from when they read others who they also don't know on the exact same medium? Why would it have more legitimacy? Why would it be expected to have more legitimacy?

No one attacked you. Calm down. I simply took issue with cat implying that your insight should be held higher than the insight of others if the audience is people you don't know on the internet. He implied that yours was more valuable. I disagree.

Do you have anything to add to that? If not then I can go back to waiting for cat to respond, which is what I was doing before you got offended.

Edited by HaloMagic

Again, I provided not only personal experience but internationally recognized facts to back up my statements.

If you would like to rebutt my assertion that the UK does a poor job with bladder cancer then please provide what facts you can.

If you would like to rebutt my assertion that the UK does a poor job with bladder cancer then please provide what facts you can.

And for the other 99.9% of us who won't be diagnosed with bladder cancer this year, is there a different way we could evaluate the US health care system?

AJ, you are trying very hard to say you are not wrong. But you are.

Did you really just slip down to this level, Eric? This is the type of thing people say when their argument is limited.

It is quite simple:

1. I believe you when you say that the US is better at treating bladder cancer than the UK

2. Bladder cancer is only one of many diseases. Just because the US is better at it doesn't mean it is better at everything

3. There are other factors involved when discussing how good a country's medicine is - cost, availability, etc

All I hear you saying is, basically, "The US is better at treating bladder cancer than the UK, therefore it is better at medicine."

Can you see the logical fallacy here? Again, I don't dispute #1 above, but #2 and #3 don't necessarily follow.

And for the other 99.9% of us who won't be diagnosed with bladder cancer this year, is there a different way we could evaluate the US health care system?

So you have nothing, it was pretty obvious from the start. You could just admit it or back out but instead you keep pushing an argument that has no teeth. Try getting some facts then come back to the discussion.

Edited by notti

So far AJ you haven't provided any evidence that the UK is better, you are just saying they could be because I didn't provide every instance where they are not. Remember earlier in the conversation you demanded I not skirt the issue and provide substance.

Balls in your court.

So far AJ you haven't provided any evidence that the UK is better, you are just saying they could be because I didn't provide every instance where they are not. Remember earlier in the conversation you demanded I not skirt the issue and provide substance.

Balls in your court.

they don't have florida.

So you have nothing, it was pretty obvious from the start. You could just admit it our back out but instead you keep pushing an argument that has no teeth. Try getting some facts then come back to the discussion.

Do you have any proof they are worse at anything except bladder cancer prognosis?