• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels to sign Kyle Kendrick

There's nothing good about his depth unless you like a guy to come in and give up some runs. His ERA has bounced from high 4s to mid 6s for the past few years. He sucks.

If he sees any major league time at all then that shows how crappy our starting pitching situation is.

We probably should have signed Price and Greinke and used them as minor league depth. Come on AFL, every team needs a guy in the minors like this. A guy with major league experience that can come up and pitch for you in a pinch.

Kyle Kendrick currently is one of the most DFA-able players in baseball. If you add him to the 40 you spot start him and DFA him as soon as he's no longer needed.

More than likely he clears waivers, and if he doesn't, oh well.

Yep. I highly doubt we have 40 guys that are deserving of being on the 40 man anyway.

Yep. I highly doubt we have 40 guys that are deserving of being on the 40 man anyway.

Currently at 38. Maybe 37 when we lose Cunningham in a couple days. If Kendrick is ever needed there will probably be someone we'd be able to cut or transfer to the 60-day DL it we're full up.

We probably should have signed Price and Greinke and used them as minor league depth. Come on AFL, every team needs a guy in the minors like this. A guy with major league experience that can come up and pitch for you in a pinch.

I'm just saying, I don't see the point. Rather than give the time to a guy who has proven he can't cut it, give the chance to a young guy who has yet to prove that he sucks or doesn't.

I'm just saying, I don't see the point. Rather than give the time to a guy who has proven he can't cut it, give the chance to a young guy who has yet to prove that he sucks or doesn't.

Oh I get that theory, but we don't really have a young guy that is opportunity away from showing what he can do. If we did I would agree with you.

Oh I get that theory, but we don't really have a young guy that is opportunity away from showing what he can do. If we did I would agree with you.

And even if we do have a young guy ready for a spot start in the majors, there's no guarantee that when that spot start is needed he'll be 1) healthy or 2) available if it doesn't slot up with his scheduled days off.

Kendrick can eat a ton of innings in the minors too, which can help our SLC pen from being overworked. I have a feeling we're going to be relying on the AAA relievers quite a bit this year with as many rotation question marks we have.

Currently at 38. Maybe 37 when we lose Cunningham in a couple days. If Kendrick is ever needed there will probably be someone we'd be able to cut or transfer to the 60-day DL it we're full up.

Cunningham?  I would think Marte, Choi, Navarro or Ortega would be next.  Or do they have to release him if they send him down?

Cunningham?  I would think Marte, Choi, Navarro or Ortega would be next.  Or do they have to release him if they send him down?

He's out of options and I imagine not going to make the 25-man. 

Gentry, Choi, Ortega, and maybe Marte even are likelier to make the Opening Day roster over him.

He's had a strong enough spring that I imagine some team out there would have interest in a switch-hitting, speedy, defensive 4th OF and would pluck him off waivers and either put him on the opening day 25 or do what we would be trying, to pass him through waivers to stash in the minors.

Also, I'm not totally sure, but he'd maybe be able to refuse an outright to SLC if he clears waivers, allowing him to become a free agent, but I'm not quite up to snuff on those rules.

He's out of options and I imagine not going to make the 25-man. 

Gentry, Choi, Ortega, and maybe Marte even are likelier to make the Opening Day roster over him.

He's had a strong enough spring that I imagine some team out there would have interest in a switch-hitting, speedy, defensive 4th OF and would pluck him off waivers and either put him on the opening day 25 or do what we would be trying, to pass him through waivers to stash in the minors.

Also, I'm not totally sure, but he'd maybe be able to refuse an outright to SLC if he clears waivers, allowing him to become a free agent, but I'm not quite up to snuff on those rules.

Yeah I'm sure Gentry will and for some reason Choi seems a lock.  I guess he's one too many OF's with Ortega there too.

We may have some interest there as well.

Eppler should be all over this. Been a fan ever since he dominated us wearing Adenhart's glove that one start. I imagine Eppler is quite familiar from all the match-ups he had with the Yankees.

I imagine they already discussed the possibility though when we acquired Jones. Maybe the Orioles would have interest in Cunningham since we may lose him this weekend?

Think of Kendrick and Gonzalez as Jerome Williams types.  Guys you bring in to compete for your number five spot in the rotation, or as a long man in the bullpen.  The pitching coaches make a couple of adjustments in the stride, arm slot, or whatever, and voila!  A serviceable number 5. 

There are stories like this all over baseball, every season.  And every winning team has one, or more, on the roster.