• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Reference Apple's fight with the FBI

Sorry, ten, I just thought the thread title was going to lead to an apple/FBI link and got confused when it was a couple of douchebags making threats.

I see the controversy but it still comes down to can the privacy concerns of the mass population be overruled by public safety. When, exactly are we considered safe enough that there is any privacy left?

Apple shared everything they could.  They stopped at developing custom software to allow the police around the passcode lock.

The reason why it was a big deal to law enforcement is that he turned off cloud backup two weeks before the attack so Apple didn't have any information to turn over.

No worries blarg. And nate i didnt follow the apple story as close as some of you, so i cant argue the points youre making.

The reason i posted this story is simply the counter argument from the other thread. Lets say the software company in this story, ogle (?), said that info is lrivate, sorry we cant help. Would it have been better to let the two who made this threat go forward?

apple gave the feds encrypted info from a device? I thought the fight was over the privacy settings and they wouldnt assist in unlocking it?

Yes, they gave all the data they had on their servers from the phone.  The problem was that they turned off the cloud backup so there was nothing to give those last two weeks.  The only thing they refused to do was develop custom software to unlock the phone itself.