• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cespedes is a clown...

Chuck

Difference is clarity on rules, I would agree he is a clown but in this case if it is stuck then it should have been ruled a double.  Spring Training should be considered MLB Ball Park rules even if played at minor league type ball parks.  I see this as more of an MLB over site when it comes to preparation of it players and umpire staff, they should be using rules associated with Major League ballparks only; not a Cespedes blunder.  BTW - he needs no extra help creating blunders!

Edited:  I looked closer at video and ball did not look stuck at all, just leaning against the fence.

Edited by itsTroutahere

Difference is clarity on rules, I would agree he is a clown but in this case if it is stuck then it should have been ruled a double.  Spring Training should be considered MLB Ball Park rules even if played at minor league type ball parks.  I see this as more of an MLB over site when it comes to preparation of it players and umpire staff, they should be using rules associated with Major League ballparks only; not a Cespedes blunder.  BTW - he needs no extra help creating blunders!

Edited:  I looked closer at video and ball did not look stuck at all, just leaning against the fence.

and appeared to touch Cespedes before going under the padding.

As an umpire, these are things covered in the ground rules. 

If a ball becomes lodged in any predetermined place then the OF can raise his arms to single and it's a ground-rule double. If the OF attempts to play the ball in any way then it remains in play.

With no clear ground-rules established in ST games, as the article states, then nobody is at fault.

I fail to see how Cespedes is an ass. 

As an umpire, these are things covered in the ground rules.

If a ball becomes lodged in any predetermined place then the OF can raise his arms to single and it's a ground-rule double. If the OF attempts to play the ball in any way then it remains in play.

With no clear ground-rules established in ST games, as the article states, then nobody is at fault.

I fail to see how Cespedes is an ass.

All he had to do was pick the ball up, there was nothing obstructing it. The umpire even walked over there and moved it with no difficulty. Cespedes is an ass.

All he had to do was pick the ball up, there was nothing obstructing it. The umpire even walked over there and moved it with no difficulty. Cespedes is an ass.

If ground rules of the regular season usually state that a ball lodged in the bottom of a fence is dead then it stands to reason Cespedes would make that assumption. And it was lodged by book rule.

He's a dumbasses for not throwing it in when the umps didn't kill it.

So ya I guess he's an ass.

Nvm lol

If ground rules of the regular season usually state that a ball lodged in the bottom of a fence is dead then it stands to reason Cespedes would make that assumption. And it was lodged by book rule.

He's a dumbasses for not throwing it in when the umps didn't kill it.

So ya I guess he's an ass.

Nvm lol

No, it was not lodged according to any rule. Don't make shit up, there was clearence around the entire ball to pick it up easily. The only thing the ball was touching was clay, the same thing that is between Cespedes left and right ear.

No, it was not lodged according to any rule. Don't make shit up, there was clearence around the entire ball to pick it up easily. The only thing the ball was touching was clay, the same thing that is between Cespedes left and right ear.

Just watched the video when they zoomed in and you're right. Ball wasn't lodged. Thought it looked stuck in the padding to me by the gif. But as the article states, in that situation, ground rules would give two bases. I guarantee there's a ground rule clause in the rule book.

Edited by laagamer

Just watched the video when they zoomed in and you're right. Ball wasn't lodged. Thought it looked stuck in the padding to me by the gif. But as the article states, in that situation, ground rules would give two bases. I guarantee there's a ground rule clause in the rule book.pL 

there's a rule about what?