• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Greetings AngelsWin, from the Angels MLB.com forum

Tank asked - - "just curious . . . was future angel some guy who knew the angels minor leagues extensively and had a website dedicated to them? his real name was stephen."

Yes he was, He wasn't employed by the Angels, but he spent a lot of time with all of the minor league teams. He knew all of the coaches & had a lot of 1st hand knowledge of most of the Angels minor league players. I met him once when he was taking pictures of Angel workouts at the 'Epicenter' in Rancho Cucamonga.  For several years the Angels use to have non-mandatory works there a week before they started spring training in Tempe, Az. 'Future Angels' (aka Stephen) always brought a great source of knowledge to the MLB board whenever he posted (I believe he posted here sometimes as well). He dropped his web site & moved to Florida 3 or 4 years ago.

Tank asked - - "just curious . . . was future angel some guy who knew the angels minor leagues extensively and had a website dedicated to them? his real name was stephen."

Yes he was, He wasn't employed by the Angels, but he spent a lot of time with all of the minor league teams. He knew all of the coaches & had a lot of 1st hand knowledge of most of the Angels minor league players. I met him once when he was taking pictures of Angel workouts at the 'Epicenter' in Rancho Cucamonga.  For several years the Angels use to have non-mandatory works there a week before they started spring training in Tempe, Az. 'Future Angels' (aka Stephen) always brought a great source of knowledge to the MLB board whenever he posted (I believe he posted here sometimes as well). He dropped his web site & moved to Florida 3 or 4 years ago.

We have about 5-6 modern day Stephen Smith's here providing minor league content & info, but without the pompous attitudes. The guy brought a valuable resource of information from the Angels prospects, but he was a total jerk both online and offline. 

He once tried to get a guy fired from an old forum I used to post on, citing that the guy was browsing the internet and posting on message boards during the middle of the day while at work. Stephen went out of his way to take screenshots of his postings during the day on the Angels forum in attempt to get him fired. While he didn't get fired, they stripped him of internet privs during the day. He also tried the same shit with me, but my boss laughed and told the guy to take off. Also, we did a top 50 prospects list a long time ago one of the prospects in the list was Steven Shell. I grabbed his image off Google and used it on our list and he threatened to sue me if I didn't take it down. 

I was pleased when he went offline for good a few years back. Good riddance! 

I'm a refugee from the now disbanded MLB message board as well. But I'm also a longtime lurker of this board. I joined the old MLB board back in 2001 in its infancy. Most of the old members began to leave after the 2002 World Series Season because of all the 'Bandwagoners' that joined & ruined it for for the rest of us. I think many of the old posters may have gravitated over to this board. Anyone remember Beerman, Hot Corner Hotti, Furture Angels, Vern Reese, Smoke on the water, Angel Oracle, greg in psca, Archangel, Vernster, Jodys mom, Ryan express, Upstream, Always wear red to the Ed, or Just another Halo?

Lots of those guys and gals you mentioned are here! Beerman doesn't post much but he's a member here. 

Oh btw, welcome to AW.com fanfromday1! 

We have about 5-6 modern day Stephen A Smith's here providing minor league content & info, but without the pompous attitudes. The guy brought a valuable resource of information from the Angels prospects, but he was a total jerk both online and offline. 

He once tried to get a guy fired from an old forum I used to post on, citing that the guy was browsing the internet and posting on message boards during the middle of the day while at work. Stephen went out of his way to take screenshots of his postings during the day on the Angels forum in attempt to get him fired. While he didn't get fired, they stripped him of internet privs during the day. He also tried the same shit with me, but my boss laughed and told the guy to take off. Also, we did a top 50 prospects list a long time ago one of the prospects in the list was Steven Shell. I grabbed his image off Google and used it on our list and he threatened to sue me if I didn't take it down. 

I was pleased when he went offline for good a few years back. Good riddance! 

Stephen A Smith posts here!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE~

Edited by SlappyUtilityGuy

my path crossed with his frequently online. he was on the old AOL grandstand boards when i first met him, and he was one of the most defensive people imaginable. He would get furious over any criticism of the players that were trying to break in with the big club, or any criticism of players just called up to anaheim. e used to hang around lake elsinore quite a bit, and he knew how much work and time the kids were putting in, plus the fact that many of them were away from home for the first time and living with a host family. it was bizarre because he treated them like they were his own family, and it was really creepy at times. 

he alienated many posters because of how defensive and arrogant and angry he could become. i think he was eventually kicked off of every angels message board he joined (certainly all the ones where i saw him). he was just a horribly unpleasant person to talk to about the guys in the minors. informed? sure, better than most, but he just couldn't get past any criticism of the kids.