• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cargo?

SDHalofan

and costs us major league talent plus that we can't afford to give up.  Not having six more years of a club controlled Andrew Heaney would be a huge issue.  

I'm not saying I'd give up Heaney. Any dealing with the Rockies probably involves a third team. I'm just saying CarGo is someone we'd be lucky to get.

I'd rather work out a Santiago deal for either Blackmon or Dickerson from the Rockies. Young, controllable outfielders that would take us past the Hamilton deal would be a better option. The money would be about the same and the risk/reward for both teams is about the same.

Although I agree about focusing on Blackmon or Dickerson, why would the Rockies want such an extreme flyball pitcher for one season. Yes I know that Santiago has two years of control but tendering him a contract for 2017 is not a sure thing if you're a team using a WAR-modeled player valuation system.

Rockies are rebuilding so I'd have to believe they'd target someone with longer term control like Shoemaker for instance although even he is a bit of a flyball type himself.

I feel like if we were to target a Rockies OF we'd have to bring in a 3rd team to provide what they need and ship off one of our pitchers to the facilitating team to make something like this happen.

Edited by ettin