• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chris Cotillo: Angels and Padres after Daniel Nava

jsnpritchett

Yeah the Angels might as well just settle for the team they have rather than using the money Arte has and is willing to spend to get better. This team, as it stands, needs another piece or 2 to compete.

But it is Arte's money and he might have other plans for his money. It's his team and his life so who are we to tell him to spend more to make us happy. He knows it's never enough because we will be pounding on him to spend even more.

You know, I haven't seen you make a single suggestion on how to improve the team. If there is a better way for this team to win within the next 5 years, please post it and hopefully Arte and Co. can read it.

I posted my narrative at least a half dozen times before the Winter Meetings. All were removed by someone here because they were spot on.

But it is Arte's money and he might have other plans for his money. It's his team and his life so who are we to tell him to spend more to make us happy. He knows it's never enough because we will be pounding on him to spend even more.

I could care less about him making me happy. His goal should be to make the team better, which he clearly so desires, or at least has desired in the past. Of all the times to spend money on the team, this offseason would be time to do so. 

I posted my narrative at least a half dozen times before the Winter Meetings. All were removed by someone here because they were spot on.

Seriously? No one would delete your posts unless they were filled with bad language or derogatory comments, neither of those are things you would do.

Maybe I'm being a little too simplistic, but isn't the main problem of the team last year was OBP? They need to clog up the bases with runners for Trout, Cron, etc to drive in.

As far as Nava, throw as much crap against the wall, something is bound to stick.

Seriously? No one would delete your posts unless they were filled with bad language or derogatory comments, neither of those are things you would do.

Well in a nutshell I never believed that any of the big OF'rs were ever seriously targeted. I said that Eppler would have to get creative with trades ( shop Wilson ) and sign mid-level pieces. I said it all along that Arte won't go over the Luxury tax.

Well in a nutshell I never believed that any of the big OF'rs were ever seriously targeted. I said that Eppler would have to get creative with trades ( shop Wilson ) and sign mid-level pieces. I said it all along that Arte won't go over the Luxury tax.

I do remember you saying that.  I still hope you are wrong.  

I don't see why a team built around a young Trout, Calhoun, Simmons, Skaggs, Heaney, Richards, and Perez can't be competitive over the next 5 years if they trade and sign intelligently.

This team may have only made the playoffs once in the last few years, but they've only been truly bad in 2013 and 2010. The Phillies will have been really bad three years straight, and probably will be for another year or two. The Angels don't need to be Phillies level bad. They're not that dire. They've been competitive up until the last week most seasons still and that's more entertaining than five years of cellar dwelling. With the playoffs being a crapshoot I'm fairly happy with the team just competing each year. Better chances of winning it all that way.

I didn't compare them to the Phillies, but you are describing exactly what I am saying we have to look forward to. We have made the playoffs just once in the last six years, with Trout for four of them and getting the best years out of Pujols. Trades and budget signings are going to bring more of the same.

Maybe I'm being a little too simplistic, but isn't the main problem of the team last year was OBP? They need to clog up the bases with runners for Trout, Cron, etc to drive in.

As far as Nava, throw as much crap against the wall, something is bound to stick.

Crap doesn't stick to championship trophies.

i know exactly who we are. we're the paying public. we're the root fan base. i understand that most of the money comes from the tv contracts, but without the fanbase, then there is no billions of dollars.

we all know, fans are crazy when viewed as a whole, but you better appease them somehow. mediocrity does not sell tickets, cable subscriptions, and merchandise.

i know exactly who we are. we're the paying public. we're the root fan base. i understand that most of the money comes from the tv contracts, but without the fanbase, then there is no billions of dollars.

we all know, fans are crazy when viewed as a whole, but you better appease them somehow. mediocrity does not sell tickets, cable subscriptions, and merchandise.

Fan bases drive value.  He knows they will only show up to see Trout to a certain extent.  

I think he's still realizing that recognizable players with stars around their names only go so far to garner interest in a team.  

Fan bases drive value.  He knows they will only show up to see Trout to a certain extent.  

I think he's still realizing that recognizable players with stars around their names only go so far to garner interest in a team.  

you have to build interest in the team every season. the exception being a world series hangover. the truth is that surprise winning teams don't see an immediate influx in attendance and merchandise during the season. sometimes not at all. the media working hand in hand with the league is what builds fan interest and along with that come expectations. you must manufacture the first, but it's meaningless if you don't win on the field.

it's really no different than attracting someone's interest at a party or something. you can get them to look your way with any number of tricks, but if you want to hold their attention, then you better show them something interesting.

Edited by ukyah