• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The perfect fit.....

Ohtaniland

Honestly I pass at those prices. I always wonder about guys that get moved by organizations like the Cardinals and the Braves. Is there something we are missing. He's a solid defender but is he clutch? I read on a message board some weeks ago that he will frustrate you at the plate in key situations. Not saying he's terrible at all but $30M...really?

No. He's the best defensive outfielder in the game.

As for the other stuff, I haven't heard that before but I don't take "clutch hitting" as a serious statistic. It's random and doesn't have any basis in consistency. And even if he sucks in key situations, he probably makes up for it by getting on base and allowing the other players to drive him in, preventing a potential key situation later in the game.

He's way overrated offensively. His lifetime splits show that he has issues with RISP and really sucks with 2 strike counts. He also doesn't hit lefties very well. He's not worth anywhere near $30M per year.

He's not going to get paid 30 mil per year. He'll get paid 20-25 mil per year, which is right in line with what he deserves. 

Heyward has a career 111 wRC+ with RISP so that part isn't true.

His 2 strike numbers, like 95% of batters in baseball, are worse with 2 strikes. 

His career wRC+ vs lefties is 85 so yeah, he isn't good vs them but he isn't awful either.

It's amazing to me that people look past defense when judging players. Is a run saved not as valuable as a run scored? Heyward has a long track record of being an elite defender. Factor in his good offense and base running and you have a star player. He's worth near 200 million dollars. 

He's not going to get paid 30 mil per year. He'll get paid 20-25 mil per year, which is right in line with what he deserves.

Heyward has a career 111 wRC+ with RISP so that part isn't true.

His 2 strike numbers, like 95% of batters in baseball, are worse with 2 strikes.

His career wRC+ vs lefties is 85 so yeah, he isn't good vs them but he isn't awful either.

It's amazing to me that people look past defense when judging players. Is a run saved not as valuable as a run scored? Heyward has a long track record of being an elite defender. Factor in his good offense and base running and you have a star player. He's worth near 200 million dollars.

My goodness, just thank you for this.

@Ken_Rosenthal: #BlueJays announce signing of free-agent LHP J.A. Happ to three-year, $36M contract.

So who still believes there isn't a market for CJ Wilson?

Me. CJ is a question mark after returning from an injury, and has one year left on his contract at a fairly high rate. Few teams would afford to give up a player to take a chance on him.

Me. CJ is a question mark after returning from an injury, and has one year left on his contract at a fairly high rate. Few teams would afford to give up a player to take a chance on him.

Look at what injured dudes like Brett Anderson and Bradon Mcarthy got? If we pick up money he has value.

Jesus, literally no one has suggested trading CJ and his full salary. Of course the Angels will have to eat some of the money, but it means something in return. It's not like he has no trade value. Teams are way more likely to gamble on one year of him at a reduced rate.

Exactly. The $30 million a year is so you pay for his five prime years. He had the 30th best offensive season last year. As with all other free agents he will be over-paid. So do you give him $200 million for ten years or $150 million for five years.

Give him 200 for ten years with opt out after 5.

Yea that's not gonna happen. I wonder what he would get on the open market? I'm guessing more than 3 and $54.

I think he'd actually get less IMO. Dude has been a replacement level player the last 3 years. He mashed in 2014 but his defense is so bad now he's pretty much a 1B/DH guy and he didn't hit much better than league average last year.