• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Yale SJWs screaming at Professor

NrM

Other than a few loudmouthed idiotic examples, who has said blacks can't be racist?

As you know, I answer all questions.

http://www.bing.com/search?FORM=U280DF&PC=U280&q=black+people+can%27t+be+racist+power

I just did a quick search. Notice the BEST ANSWER to the Yahoo question. 

Best Answer:  I know where you're coming from when you said you can't be racist without power. I've learned something about that in my Afican Amer. Lit Class. I'll email you the correct info on that ASAP. I feel that Black People cannot be racist. But they can be prejudice just like any other nationality can. I just hate the fact that we feel that way about eachother, Hating on what eachother has instead of congratulating eachother.

First, why would people ask these questions in the first place? Because they heard something in class that sounds crazy. 

It's very common among left wing academics. When I talk about these things, I'm not really talking about the people at your job or your friends. 

Here's the summary from a real, live left wing idiot: 

AMMA GERMANOTTA RIAZ
NO!

RACISM IS about prejudice and power. It includes the ability to access resources, being able to control it and decide who is restricted from it. It is whiteness (not blackness), which has formed a globalised power structure (this doesn’t have to be material resources.) It therefore becomes redundant to say a black person is racist because while they can be bigoted and ignorant, they lack power.

Moreover, it is not black people who created racial categories. White people enjoy higher-paying jobs, better educational outcomes; have lower rates of unemployment because they don’t suffer racism and prejudice.

They live longer lives because of lower rates of poverty and better access to healthcare, they live in better homes…the list goes on.

Literature and the arts, which are white-normative) imposes a white viewpoint at the expense of ignoring the global non-white experience, but still shapes black people’s lives.

Black Nationalism and Afrocentricism are a reaction to white supremacy. Even the expulsion of Ugandan Asians by Idi Amin in 1958 was a reaction to white supremacy because Indians were considered superior to black people according to a racial hierarchy created by white aristocracy.

Do you guys notice the common thread behind all of this stupidity? Power, structures, oppression. 

college kids saying over the top things....how is that different than in the past, now you just have cellphones and social media

But break down some of her points...

white people enjoy higher paying jobs - going to argue that?

lower rates of unemployment - going to argue that?

longer life expectancy and access to healthcare - going to argue that?

higher rates of poverty - going to argue that?

none of those are off the mark to my knowledge

I looked anywhere.......................

couldn't find it.

You're lying or can't use Google. I did a simple search that I posted and found a bunch of examples, including the one I posted.

Now, if I were to show that many respected professors and students believed it, what would you say?

Edited by Juan Savage

college kids saying over the top things....how is that different than in the past, now you just have cellphones and social media

But break down some of her points...

white people enjoy higher paying jobs - going to argue that?

lower rates of unemployment - going to argue that?

longer life expectancy and access to healthcare - going to argue that?

higher rates of poverty - going to argue that?

none of those are off the mark to my knowledge

What conclusion do you draw from those facts?

You posted this as an example of the marxist attempt to take over the country...you were the one who called it stupidity...feel free to explain to us how she is incorrect or how the examples she showed are stupid...or was this just another strawman argument you are making and can't back up?

You posted this as an example of the marxist attempt to take over the country...you were the one who called it stupidity...feel free to explain to us how she is incorrect or how the examples she showed are stupid...or was this just another strawman argument you are making and can't back up?

Ah, OK. I thought you were doubting that people made that argument. It's a very common one. The Marxist doesn't think that racism is personal moral issue Members of races without power can't be racist because they don't have the power to do anything about it.

I called it stupid, but, obviously, Marxists think it's very clever.

A strawman argument is when somebody argues against an argument that their opponent didn't make. An example would be your claim that I said that Marxists are trying to take over the country.

It so happens that I do think that they're trying to propagate their ideas, a "take over," if you wish. I'm trying to propagate my ideas. Nothing surprising or sinister about wanting your ideas to prevail. So, far, Marxists have been most successful in the social sciences, although much of the humanities have succumbed.

Talking about this without talking about their philosophy is like talking about the terror attacks without talking about Islam, the holocaust without talking about antisemitism, or anti abortion activists without Christianity.

Just like all of your no generalization rules, it's all hypocrisy. As soon as you feel like it you'll talk about the other side's philosophy.

‘I personally am TIRED of the First Amendment!!’ – Mizzou Student Vice President
http://therightscoop.com/i-personally-am-tired-of-the-first-amendment-mizzou-student-vice-president/#ixzz3rREXIJqT

MSNBC: One professor complained universities are becoming places of prohibition. What’s your feeling? Do you believe that’s a place we are heading for American campuses now?

MIZZOU STUDENT: I personally am tired of hearing that First Amendment rights protect students when they are creating a hostile and unsafe learning environment for myself and for other students here. I think that it’s important for us to create that distinction and create a space where we can all learn from one another and start to create a place of healing rather than a place where we are experiencing a lot of hate like we have in the past.

Edited by Poozy

I'm going to reason this out. Let me know where I fail: 

Students are protesting. 

Their complaints are reasonable or unreasonable. 

I think most people would say they're unreasonable. 

So, why are the students making unreasonable demands? 

We can say they're spoiled or something else independent of ideology. However, are all ideologies complaining equally? It's not race, as many races are joining in the protests, like the professor of journalism. So, what is it that binds these students together? 

Let's look at their rhetoric and demands. Combine this with what we know about what's taught in colleges. 

From this process, I conclude that there's a commonly taught philosophy that emphasizes conflict and grievance. What are the roots of that philosophy?