• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

This forum is actually very relevant. Our National decline is easily seen in the ignorant envious souls of young libs and the spineless money loving boomers. As much shit as I give Taylor, the moral decline is squarely on the backs of boomers. Now, following generations have only made things worse, but the boomers preoccupation with wealth and moral indifference set the stage for where we are today. 

1 hour ago, Kotchman said:

This forum is actually very relevant. Our National decline is easily seen in the ignorant envious souls of young libs and the spineless money loving boomers. As much shit as I give Taylor, the moral decline is squarely on the backs of boomers. Now, following generations have only made things worse, but the boomers preoccupation with wealth and moral indifference set the stage for where we are today. 

There is truth to this. A lot of the trends of the younger generations are direct reactions to baby boomer behavior. Lesser importance placed on income in exchange for flexibility and time with family, preference for experiences over material possessions, lower rates of premarital sex, lower divorce rates, not dragging the fags behind your pickup truck, etc. I think God would be pleased with these.

6 hours ago, Kotchman said:

the boomers preoccupation with wealth and moral indifference set the stage for where we are today. 

You just described MAGA himself.  90% of boomers I know are all in on MAGA.  You are right, it set the stage for where we are today. 

8 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

There is truth to this. A lot of the trends of the younger generations are direct reactions to baby boomer behavior.

I find it interesting that the convenient blame is "boomers" when, in fact, the rebelling youth movement is from the Generation X/Y (you) population.

Sure, the entire computer world was founded by Boomers that pushed forward technology that started the global interconnections of thought. But Google, Facebook and Twitter was founded by a bunch of Gen X/Y. I would say it has been a bigger influence to this generation than their father's trying to get MS and IOS compatible for the general public. 

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I find it interesting that the convenient blame is "boomers" when, in fact, the rebelling youth movement is from the Generation X/Y (you) population.

Sure, the entire computer world was founded by Boomers that pushed forward technology that started the global interconnections of thought. But Google, Facebook and Twitter was founded by a bunch of Gen X/Y. I would say it has been a bigger influence to this generation than their father's trying to get MS and IOS compatible for the general public. 

All generations are filled with selfish, vain people. Many of them become parents. 

19 hours ago, Kotchman said:

Eternal truths never change. It really doesn’t matter how you or your queer woke friends chose to interpret them in a modern setting. Screwing in the butt is wrong. Trans is the work of Satan. The left attempt to pervert kids minds in schools is absolutely wrong as well. As parents, especially fathers we have a God given mandate to educate our children in Christ. We are accountable to God therefore these decisions are ours to make.

If you truly cared about queers and our lost AW pals , you wouldn’t push false narratives. God has never and will never bless a gay marriage , approve the murder of a child he placed in the womb, or promote perverting of kids minds. 

This, 1000% this.  The biggest way to know that someone is a bullshit Christian is when they start tweaking the teachings of the scripture to “apply to the modern world”.  You’re exposing yourself as following the world and not God.

16 hours ago, Kotchman said:

Boomers are the generation that fucked things up the most by a significant margin.  Grew up in an ideal time and were much more fortunate than any generation that came after them (and the ones preceding them) and yet threw it all away by embracing degeneracy in the 60s and doing a dogshit job of parenting and instilling values in Gen X 

7 minutes ago, mmc said:

This, 1000% this.  The biggest way to know that someone is a bullshit Christian is when they start tweaking the teachings of the scripture to “apply to the modern world”.  You’re exposing yourself as following the world and not God.

You have yet to respond to my query.

Many of the "Christian" views you espouse are simply cultural beliefs based on certain people's interpretations of Scripture at a certain period of time.

Read the book "Jesus and John Wayne" if you actually care about this. Chances are you don't, because challenging your preconceived notions makes you feel like you're sacrificing a part of your Identity.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Many of the "Christian" views you espouse are simply cultural beliefs based on certain people's interpretations of Scripture at a certain period of time.

Haha this is projection if I’ve ever seen it

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

You have yet to respond to my query.

Read the book "Jesus and John Wayne" if you actually care about this. Chances are you don't, because challenging your preconceived notions makes you feel like you're sacrificing a part of your Identity.

I’ll pass on your literature recommendation because your podcast endorsements leave something to be desired.

Here’s what I think of you Taylor. I believe you have a good heart and want what’s best for your family and friends but you’re too butthurt about Christianity to have a clear minded view of the current situation in our country. 

The cultural beliefs of this country are what made it great. Were there flaws? Of course. It doesn’t change the fact that this is the greatest nation to ever bless this planet. Instead of blaming successful people and trying to bring them down to a lower level you should celebrate their success and strive to emulate an even better version of them. That’s how success works.

I know it’s a waste of time throwing this on AW but I have time to spare while I’m throwing back a rare hazy IPA. 

9 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I’ll pass on your literature recommendation because your podcast endorsements leave something to be desired.

Here’s what I think of you Taylor. I believe you have a good heart and want what’s best for your family and friends but you’re too butthurt about Christianity to have a clear minded view of the current situation in our country. 

The cultural beliefs of this country are what made it great. Were there flaws? Of course. It doesn’t change the fact that this is the greatest nation to ever bless this planet. Instead of blaming successful people and trying to bring them down to a lower level you should celebrate their success and strive to emulate an even better version of them. That’s how success works.

I know it’s a waste of time throwing this on AW but I have time to spare while I’m throwing back a rare hazy IPA. 

I still think you would really dig the Blowback Podcast. It will speak to  your anti-government, anti-interventionist soul. They go just as hard against the Dems as they do the Republicans.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I still think you would really dig the Blowback Podcast. It will speak to  your anti-government, anti-interventionist soul. They go just as hard against the Dems as they do the Republicans.

I tried. It wasn’t that great honestly. I’ll try the latest season though. 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I'm not saying my Christian views are correct or authoritative. 

Do you think it's a good thing or normal for a Christian to not have confidence in his own Christian beliefs?  You're basically telling on yourself yet again with this.

27 minutes ago, mmc said:

Do you think it's a good thing or normal for a Christian to not have confidence in his own Christian beliefs?  You're basically telling on yourself yet again with this.

I used to think so. But I saw first-hand how churches and pastors work. Very little is actually guided by the Holy Spirit. Most decisions made are based on the personality and priorities of the leaders.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I used to think so. But I saw first-hand how churches and pastors work. Very little is actually guided by the Holy Spirit. Most decisions made are based on the personality and priorities of the leaders.

I think your beef is with certain organized sects of religion, not Christianity in and of itself. Correct me if I’m not reading you correctly. 

19 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

There is truth to this. A lot of the trends of the younger generations are direct reactions to baby boomer behavior. Lesser importance placed on income in exchange for flexibility and time with family, preference for experiences over material possessions, lower rates of premarital sex, lower divorce rates, not dragging the fags behind your pickup truck, etc. I think God would be pleased with these.

The Why is where young people get it wrong. Generally speaking they aren’t embracing the secular culture to bring glory to God. It’s quite the opposite. However, the younger generation doesn’t deserve all the blame. Adults who should have known better didn’t stop it early. 

13 hours ago, Crampknees said:

You just described MAGA himself.  90% of boomers I know are all in on MAGA.  You are right, it set the stage for where we are today. 

Magas certainly played a role but it was far too late. The reality is that  our best option this election is a liberal former Democrat. This is certainly a damning fact of just how far the country has fallen. Most hard core MAGAs are former Dems that didn’t make Obama’s giant leap to communism and sucking peckers. 

8 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I think your beef is with certain organized sects of religion, not Christianity in and of itself. Correct me if I’m not reading you correctly. 

Indeed. I think Jesus was rad and if he took some of the things he taught 2,000 years ago, and taught them today, some of his most ardent followers would hate him.

I used to believe that every Bible verse, passage, chapter, and book had a singular meaning that could be deciphered through a faithful reading of the Scripture with aid from the Holy Spirit. What I've learned is that it's impossible to read the Bible without bringing our own cultural, experiential, societal, what-have-you biases to our interpretation. We just can't. Unless we sat down with the 35 or so people who wrote the books of the Bible and asked them exactly what they meant when they wrote down what they wrote, we can never know what the text was intended to mean. We can made educated guesses, of course. But none of these writers were writing with the knowledge that their writing would be taken, compiled, and edited into a singular book that billions of people thousands of years later would revere as God's Holy Word. They were writing with a certain purpose to a certain audience in a certain time. We are certainly not that audience.

If someone tells you they have the *correct* reading of a Scripture or passage, they are being arrogant at best and manipulative at worst.