• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

University of Southern California Football Thread

Sark was conservative because he was trying to bleed clock and keep his defense off the field. Kiffin did the same thing and fans and the media blasted him. the depth has sucked bc of the limited roster numbers on both sides of the ball.

when he wants to open up the playbook that offense was great. He's rebuilt the offensive line. He just recruited some talented linebackers and d lineman. It's a process building back the depth. Not only depth but look at the size of the players they recruited the last 2 seasons.

Wilcox has shown flashes of being good. He cab be conservative at times too.

Sark was 2 last second losses away from an 11 win season. Limited depth. Players get tired and when you're throwing in true frosh who aren't ready or walk ons you're gonna have some growing pains. Guys like John lockett and John Plattenburg who in any season should have redshirted were forced to play.

And if he fails there's gonna be a wealth of talent for the next coach.

He brought Washington back from a zero win team. They had crap talent and they couldn't recruit with an old stadium and facilities. A lot of people want to knock his player development but Washington is about to have 3 first round draft picks in the nfl this spring.

Edited by nando714

I just don't see it. He had a lot of nice classes when at Washington, but the program never really improved outside going from a winless team (that saw Locker get hurt very early in the season)

5-7 (4-5 in conference)

7-6 (5-4 in conference, Locker's senior year and they only win 7 games. Washington fans were very disappointed)

7-6 (5-4)

7-6 (5-4)

8-5 (5-4)

And as far as Washington having crap talent and not being able to recruit, here are their scout rankings since 2008 (one year pre-Sark to give an indication of the upperclass he would have in years 2-5): 14, 66, 10, 22, 23, 14. Granted one really bad year of recruiting, but 3 years of top 15 recruiting rankings. He certainly had talent while he was there, they simply did not develop to anything above mediocrity as an entire unit. His tenure at Washington was mediocre and Washington was a middle of the pack team in-conference (terrible pun, sorry), and he gets rewarded by going to a better program. 

Now, this doesn't mean that he won't have success at USC, hell Kiffin went 10-2 in his second season there, and USC recruits itself. I also think that USC is the pre-season favorite to win the conference (although, that may change if Oregon gets Vernon Adams). With that much talent the odds are likely in his favor, however, put Helfrich on USC with 4 and 5 star recruits running the Oregon offense, and Sark interests you more? To each his own.

I don't want to believe any of the hype going into next season.

Sark said the fans should embrace it. Hell no #2012.

I like how he said he added the size to "bully" around teams.

but for right now it's all hype. who knows some important players will tear up their knee in spring or some crazy shit

I don't want to believe any of the hype going into next season.

Sark said the fans should embrace it. Hell no #2012.

I like how he said he added the size to "bully" around teams.

but for right now it's all hype. who knows some important players will tear up their knee in spring or some crazy shit

lol, nando just said he's not going to buy into hype re: USC.

KIFFIN FOR PREZ!

Edited by RallyMo

• 2 weeks later...

IMO you have to take a QB in every class. Need it for depth, even if they aren't a big time recruit.

After Kessler leaves they have 4 scholarship QBs in 2016

Browne will be a Rjr

Greene Rsoph

darnold rfrosh

Town rfrosh

Then the walk ons.

Darnold is the dark horse here imo. Strong arm, athletic, and can run.

Who knows though. Maybe someone trasnfers, injuries, etc. QB isn't a question mark though so if they want to give a scholarship to another position I wouldn't be mad