• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

University of Southern California Football Thread

• Chuck pinned this topic
On 2/16/2017 at 6:51 PM, RallyMo said:

I take it back. I wish that they had hired him.

Looks like furd got a good one 

I hate early verbals but USC got one from the best OLB prospect out west, Palaie Gaoteote. The west is loaded with linebackers and it looks like USC will choose which ones they want 

http://247sports.com/Player/Palaie-Gaoteote-85911

• 3 weeks later...

Safety John Plattenburg takes a medical retirement.  USC has plenty of depth at safety 

offensive tackle EJ Price who was kicked off the team after the Utah game is still taking classes at USC and wants to return to the team. Helton has his hands full with this one. He was a big recruit out of Georgia. 

• 1 month later...

Attended the spring "game" over the weekend. It was more of a practice. Boring for the most part. When I paid attention I did notice the size on defense especially the front 7. Big and quick off the ball. 

A few OL guys were out but again the size stood out. 

another thing I watched was the Fink/Sears battle. Wouldn't be surprised if Fink is the back up. 

I spent most of the time at the peristyle beer garden. Very angel stadium Budweiser patio like. 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Even with the rides now at 85, depth issues are still appearing, especially on offense.   As good as Darnold is, that offense around him is young.   May need a huge season from RJII.

RB is lacking depth. But RS Frosh Vavae Malepeai and Stephen Carr will be welcome additions 

Helton keeps praising Darnold's maturity, level headed demeanor, teaching and having patience with the younger guys stepping in. 

• 3 months later...

First day of fall camp. Should be a lot of good position battles. What I'm looking at is OL, WR, back up QB, ILB, DL , Saftey.

i think we have some really good depth. I think some true frosh are going to open some eyes. Hoping for no big injures before Western Michigan.

• 1 month later...

So after watching the USC game..Cam Smith is the heart and soul of that defense. I had no idea he missed the first half due to the rose bowl ejection. I totally forgot about it. 

Josh Fatu shouldn't play over the true freshman. He had a terrible game. 

Offense- Ronald Jones and Stephen Carr ran the ball great. OL was "ok" in pass protection. A few high snaps. Darnold definetly needs to adjust to his new WRs 

i think Stanford beats USC this week though. I just don't think USC is ready for such a great opponent yet. If the DL played he way they did Stanford is gonna run for 400 yards. 

35 minutes ago, nando714 said:

So after watching the USC game..Cam Smith is the heart and soul of that defense. I had no idea he missed the first half due to the rose bowl ejection. I totally forgot about it. 

Josh Fatu shouldn't play over the true freshman. He had a terrible game. 

Offense- Ronald Jones and Stephen Carr ran the ball great. OL was "ok" in pass protection. A few high snaps. Darnold definetly needs to adjust to his new WRs 

i think Stanford beats USC this week though. I just don't think USC is ready for such a great opponent yet. If the DL played he way they did Stanford is gonna run for 400 yards. 

Agreed. Someone needs to tell Jack Jones to settle down as well.