• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brady Aiken

Having just undergone TJ surgery in March, he likely wouldn't pitch in a live game until rookie league season started in June 2016 anyway.

Plus, we already have solid lefties for the future in Santiago, Newcomb, Skaggs, and DeLoach.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Any chance he falls to the Angels? Worth the risk if he does?

My concern with him is that it's been said he has issues with his elbow beyond the ligament, nothing structural just supposedly wasn't the most robust elbow, blood flow issues too..  I'd be concerned he's a guy that may break down again.    If the Angels did go after a TJ gone, I'd prefer it be Mike Matuella.

Edited by Inside Pitch

My concern with him is that it's been said he has issues with his elbow beyond the ligament, nothing structural just supposedly wasn't the most robust elbow, blood flow issues too..  I'd be concerned he's a guy that may break down again.    If the Angels did go after a TJ gone, I'd prefer it be Mike Matuella.

Aiken won't be available when the Angels pick unless the medical issues present serious concerns going forward.  And Matuella has NO track record of being able to stay healthy.  I would stay away from both.

On the other hand, Nathan Kirby could be available when the Angels pick, and his medical issues appear to be short-term (lat strain).  He was projected as a top-ten pick at the beginning of the year, and I would have no problem taking Kirby.  You can never have too much pitching, especially LHP.

Aiken won't be available when the Angels pick unless the medical issues present serious concerns going forward.  And Matuella has NO track record of being able to stay healthy.  I would stay away from both.

On the other hand, Nathan Kirby could be available when the Angels pick, and his medical issues appear to be short-term (lat strain).  He was projected as a top-ten pick at the beginning of the year, and I would have no problem taking Kirby.  You can never have too much pitching, especially LHP.

Great call.  Kirby is an excellent choice...   Also, you are right about MM....  I always forget that Matuella was diagnosed with that rare vertebrae condition.  No telling how that will manifest itself moving forward, but I'd assume a condition that limits flexibility and movement in general, one that can only be treated with rest makes him a questionable draft pick

I'd love to get Kirby. I have a feeling the Angels will grab either Kingery or Trahan.

Yep, almost everyone has Trahan linked to the Angels, and they obviously have that Louisiana-Lafayette connection going. 

Edited by oater

There are potentially a lot of shortstops and pitchers around the #26 pick. I wouldn't mind them picking up that Newman kid if he's available as well. Although there is always a potential lottery ticket in a TJS player I feel like we should go with a more "sure thing" and pick someone with less of an injury history.