• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Mariners (5/4/15)

hey, guys - we got through April even at .500 -- what were we ? 11-11 or something like that.

now we're winless in May so far

I hate to say it guys, but I sense a LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGG season.

and what's funny, is I looked at the Halos schedule during the pre-season -- and didn't see any match ups I liked -- I usually go up to 10 games a year, have fallen off to about 4 to 5 the last few seasons -- but this year it looked like we played Houston every other weekend -- so I thought, well , I'll pass (I had another event and sold the tickets I had for the early weekend series vs. KC) and only bought the one KC Saturday game......oh well........maybe the Houston games are going to be interesting after all........I guess I'll watch them on TV -- more than most Dodger fans can do.

This team needs a couple more young guys in the lineup.

The lineup is playing like it's a zillion years old.

It needs some sort of spark.

Please tell me that someone like Sherman Johnson can eventually give this team a spark.

No more slow and aging acquisitions, PLEASE!

Edited by Angel Oracle

this is a game that if some how this team makes a stretch run and then falls a game or two short -- this is one of those games you look back on and say -- we could have won it.

you know, they say a manager's decision making really determines only about 7 to maybe 10 games a season .........this was one of those games.......management (lack of) lost this game for the Halos.

call on Cowgill was on his own???

you're giving a (what's Cowgill) a third year part time guy that decision making authority??

HUH?

Who's managing this team???? the players?

Lol agree. He said they wanted to be aggressive and get a runner in scoring position (like we're good with risp anyway) but that's pretty odd for a manager as seasoned as sosh to give that authority away to a bench player.

Or he just threw him under the bus to save his own ass

I'll take option b

nando714 -- GEEZ --- you're probably right about that and if that's the case --- it's a real sad commentary on where Scioscia and this team are right now.

for a manager to throw a player under the bus like that.......that's terrible, if that's really the case.

c'mon, man up and take responsibility --- 'we were trying to get something done there, my call, not the best one, didn't work out obviously, but my call, for better and obviously it was for worse"

but don't dump it on the player.........that's just terrible.

I have no problem with Albert not going hard into 2nd there. He still has the hamstring issue, and it wasn't that close of a play.

Lol @ your continued coddling of Pujols. If he can't run then he shouldn't be out there. It seems like we see the same old injury crap out of him year after year. If its not the knee it's the calf, if it's not the calf it's the hamstring, if it's not the hamstring it's Plantars fasciitis. It's always something.

Lol @ your continued coddling of Pujols. If he can't run then he shouldn't be out there. It seems like we see the same old injury crap out of him year after year. If its not the knee it's the calf, if it's not the calf it's the hamstring, if it's not the hamstring it's Plantars fasciitis. It's always something.

Albert hit a homer a couple days ago and had two hits tonight, yet you don't want him to play. Oh and yes it is always something, you know like legitimate injuries.

Albert hit a homer a couple days ago and had two hits tonight, yet you don't want him to play. Oh and yes it is always something, you know like legitimate injuries.

I'm sure that he will get healthier each year that goes by. I just can't wait for Albert Pujols to show up and give us that MVP .323 / 37hrs / 125rbi / .975ops season. It's coming, I've been told many times.