• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Marco Rubio Vows Never to Raise Taxes as President

Why?

You can't take it with you.

Not taxing inheritances is what gets us the Donald Trumps, Brothers Koch, and dynasties such as the Bushes.

In other words, wouldn't you rather have people EARN the money they have instead of getting it gratis because some relative kicked the bucket?

No

Why?

Not taxing inheritances is what gets us the Donald Trumps, Brothers Koch, and dynasties such as the Bushes.

In other words, wouldn't you rather have people EARN the money they have instead of getting it gratis because some relative kicked the bucket?

When our parents pass, they'll be leaving some things, things like money and property that they've already paid taxes on. When the gov't taxes you and me for receiving these things, it's a second tax on the same money, land or property. Why is that even an option? ITS ALREADY BEEN TAXED BY THE GOVT.

I don't mind (too much) paying my fair share, but this isn't fair. It's a double tax, and it should be illegal.

Why?

What?

Why?

Because those people earned their money, paid taxes on their money and all common decency says it should be theirs to do with as they wish. The estate tax has to be about the most morally insidious tax ever. "We hear your parents are dead, now give us half of it".

The Taxpayer Protection Pledge reads: "I, _____, pledge to the taxpayers of the (____district of the) state of ______ and to the American people that I will: ONE, oppose any and all efforts to increase the marginal income tax rate for individuals and business; and TWO, oppose any net reduction or elimination of deductions and credits, unless matched dollar for dollar by further reducing tax rates."

The pledge only refers to income tax which means it would just take a little verbal creativity to still do whatever the hell you want. In short, it's just politicians talking out their asses again.

Why?

wow, absolutely ludicrous

when you die, all your stuff should go to the government so they can do with it as they see fit.

good lord there are actually people who think this way.

Yes, there are actually people who don't think there should be an American equivalent of landed aristocracy.

To me, the people who complain about "lazy people" on welfare should also be complaining about "idle rich" who did nothing to earn their money other than be born into the right situation.

You can't have it both ways. If you want people to earn their money, then EVERYONE should earn their money.

I'm not saying tax everything, I'm saying that there could be a certain minimum threshold that doesn't get taxed, because obviously, we want our children to have the tools to be successful. But how is passing hundreds of millions or billions to your progeny any different than, say, the House of Windsor?

Yes, there are actually people who don't think there should be an American equivalent of landed aristocracy.

To me, the people who complain about "lazy people" on welfare should also be complaining about "idle rich" who did nothing to earn their money other than be born into the right situation.

You can't have it both ways. If you want people to earn their money, then EVERYONE should earn their money.

I'm not saying tax everything, I'm saying that there could be a certain minimum threshold that doesn't get taxed, because obviously, we want our children to have the tools to be successful. But how is passing hundreds of millions or billions to your progeny any different than, say, the House of Windsor?

The problem with this thought process, other than the complete immorality of double taxation and theft of it all, is that the ones who get creamed are, as usual, the middle class.  You talk about landed aristocracy but one of the reasons that there has been a huge drop in small farms and growth in farming corporations is the death tax.  It takes property away from the family because they can't afford to pay the taxes on the property.

The idea of wealth redistribution has never, ever worked.  We have the most progressive tax system in the world yet the poor get poorer, the rich get richer and the middle class is getting killed.

why are assuming that anyone who inherits from their parents is becoming uber rich? and why in the world do you care how someone gains wealth if it wasn't done illegally?

when my parents pass, i figure i'll get a few thousand dollars and some family heirlooms. it's not going to make me a kennedy or a rockefeller. why should the gov't get a piece of pie they've already had a piece of? and why do you care what tax bracket it may or may not push me into?

If I had millions of dollars I wouldn't work either.

Idle rich FTW

How many "idle rich" people do you think there are?  By that I mean people who inherit money and do nothing with it to generate income?  Most of the people you're railing on inherit assets that generate income and/or they do what they can to make more money like open businesses, invest and so on.  I'm guessing a lot of them fall into the 50% of earners who pay 97% of the income taxes in any given year. We must run in different circles because I don't know people sitting around complaining about the "idle rich."  I don't care how people earn or inherit their money as long as it was done legally and they paid taxes when it was earned.  Estate/inheritance taxes which are a double taxation as MT pointed out are ridiculous.  

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

How many "idle rich" people do you think there are?  By that I mean people who inherit money and do nothing with it to generate income?  Most of the people you're railing on inherit assets that generate income and/or they do what they can to make more money like open businesses, invest and so on.  I'm guessing a lot of them fall into the 50% of earners who pay 97% of the income taxes in any given year. We must run in different circles because I don't know people sitting around complaining about the "idle rich."  I don't care how people earn or inherit their money as long as it was done legally and they paid taxes when it was earned.  Estate/inheritance taxes which are a double taxation as MT pointed out are ridiculous.  

What's ridiculous is the notion that by taking other people's money away from them somehow your own situation is improved.

Class envy at it's finest.

Mark, I don't think most people complain about people not working for their money. People complain about people not working for their money and then asking someone else for their money. If someone leaves money for their kids, even if it makes them "idle rich", I couldn't care less. But if someone doesn't leave money for their kids and those kids come around asking me for some of mine I think they should get a job. Or not. I don't care. Just stop acting like the money I get from mine is somehow yours.