• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Science editors: National Public Radio vs. Fox News

wottsa matter?

you just tired of waiting for the fox documentary "when jesus rode a dinosaur"

seriously, have been watching with interest the inroads made on npr's sister network pbs by big money contributors. used to be pbs would air contreversial opinion pieces with science subjects. now nova is about as contreversial as rice crispys with shows about richard the third's bones and asteroid landings.frontline is still a bright spot but the producers of frontline have been throttled back(at least according to harpers magazine). money talks and bullshit walks, i guess. just ask big pbs contributors the koch brothers.

i dont think capitalisim lends itself well to good scientific reporting and research.

Edited by shellback

wottsa matter?

you just tired of waiting for the fox documentary "when jesus rode rode a dinosaur"

seriously, have been watching with interest the inroads made on npr's sister network pbs by big money contributors. used to be pbs would air contreversial opinion pieces with science subjects. now nova is about as contreversial as rice crispys with shows about richard the third's bones and asteroid landings.frontline is still a bright spot but the producers of frontline have been throttled back(at least according to harpers magazine). money talks and bullshit walks, i guess. just ask big pbs contributors the koch brothers.

i dont think capitalisim lends itself well to good scientific reporting and research.

and government sponsored scientific research would be better?

I can't see how.

I can't see how.

all scientific research takes funding, and more and more if the research team doesn't produce results that are desireable to the funders, you lose your funding!

that was the point i was trying to make. it doesn't matter who funds the research. iguess you could call it funding contamination.

the most egregious examples of this concern studies into the drugs that are vetted by the fda. pretty frightening to consider the drugs that you take are deemed safe by a body that grossly fixes experimental results. there are lots of examples.

we have good reason not to trust the government.

Edited by shellback

I can't see how.

Yeah, just ignore all the government-sponsored scientific research from NASA and the military, because they've done nothing for society.  

Yeah, just ignore all the government-sponsored scientific research from NASA and the military, because they've done nothing for society.  

By saying it couldn't be better I somehow ignored all the other stuff?

You are reading a whole lot into my statement.